Pediatric Emergency Medicine Fellowship Curriculum
Baystate's Emergency Medicine Department offers two ACGME-accredited Pediatric Emergency Medicine Fellowship curricula:
The clinical curricula are supplemented by weekly didactic conferences including:
- case-based learning sessions
- journal clubs
- joint emergency medicine/pediatric emergency medicine conferences
- traditional lectures.
Baystate Medical Center has a state-of-the-art simulation center and surgical skills laboratory.
You will develop core and advanced resuscitation skills through monthly simulation educational activities. Since each fellow's prior residency experience varies, your individual educational needs will also be incorporated into the curriculum.
We have a long tradition of emergency medicine research in our department, and you will benefit from significant research resources, including:
- a full-time research nurse
- a year-round cadre of volunteer research assistants
- statistical support
- guidance of faculty with decades of research experience.