The Birthplace at Baystate Franklin Medical Center
At The Birthplace at Baystate Franklin Medical Center, you will feel respected and in charge, as well as safe and secure. You can make many choices to create a birthing experience suited to your specifications and needs—a natural water birth or patient-controlled epidural anesthesia, for example. You and your family will enjoy private birth rooms staffed by nurses, board-certified obstetricians, and certified nurse-midwives who are warm, caring and highly skilled.
- Single-room suites
- 24-hour anesthesia
- Jacuzzi-type labor tubs
- Free TV and local telephone service
- Free beeper service
- Free Celebration Meal for the birth mother and one partner
- Waterbirth tub
- Massage therapy
- Interpreter Services
The visitation policy at Baystate Franklin Medical Center includes:
- Open visiting hours
- Rooming in accommodations for partners who wish to stay overnight after the birth of a baby or for parents to sleep in a sick child's room
- Room service menus
- A definition of family as anyone who is important to the patient, including children with adult supervision
- A philosophy of care that includes the patient and family as one.
Obstetricians and nurse-midwives who deliver at The Birthplace will see you at their offices in Greenfield and Northampton.
Find an Obstetrician or Nurse-Midwife
Call Baystate Health Link at 1-800-377-HEALTH. A marketing representative can help you find a physician, nurse-midwife, or practice in your area or enroll you in one of our programs for expectant parents.