The Birthplace at Baystate Franklin Medical Center
Begin Your Journey
at the Birthplace
To learn more and
tour our facility, call
At The Birthplace at Baystate Franklin Medical Center, we're dedicated to supporting you and your baby during one of life's most momentous times.
Our certified nurse-midwives, board-certified obstetricians, and highly-skilled nurses believe in empowering you with a personalized birthing experience in a private room. Whether your birth plan includes a water birth or patient-controlled epidural anesthesia, we're here to make sure you are respected, cared for, and safe.
Our team will partner with you to develop a birthing experience that meets your needs and wishes.
At The Birthplace, you and your child will:
- Experience safe, high quality care from our skilled, caring staff
- Relax in our spa room where you can enjoy your own music and dimmed lighting while soaking in our Jacuzzi tub
- Have access to immersion tubs for laboring and water births, including our newest water birthing room
- Have pain management choices including hydrotherapy, nitrous oxide, and patient-controlled epidural anesthesia
- Stay in a private suite overlooking views of Franklin County
- Enjoy a complimentary celebration meal with your partner
- Single-room suites
- 24-hour anesthesia
- Jacuzzi-type labor and water-birth tubs
- Free TV and local telephone service
- Interpreter services
Childbirth & Parent Education
We recommend childbirth education to every parent, beginning at 28-30 weeks of pregnancy. Most classes are taught by Birthplace nurses.
Childbirth classes and breastfeeding groups are held in the Birthplace Classroom at Baystate Franklin Medical Center.
The visitation policy at Baystate Franklin Medical Center includes:
- Open visiting hours
- Rooming-in accommodations for partners who wish to stay overnight after the birth of a baby or for parents to sleep in a sick child's room
- Room service menus
- A definition of family as anyone who is important to the patient, including children (with adult supervision)
- A philosophy of care that includes the patient and family as one
Take a Tour
On the first Saturday of every month at 10:30 am, we invite you to join us for a free tour of the Birthplace.
A labor and delivery nurse will introduce you to our facilities, philosophy, and birthing options so you can make an informed choice about where to have your baby.
This is open to everyone – whether you’re pregnant now or planning to be, getting prenatal care with Pioneer Women’s Health or somewhere else, planning to birth in a hospital or at home.
Register for a Tour
Breastfeeding Support at The Birthplace
We support moms through all phases of their journeys, including breastfeeding and pumping. Learn more about breastfeeding support at Baystate Health.