The Birthplace at Baystate Franklin Medical Center
Begin Your Journey
at the Birthplace
To learn more and
tour our facility, call
At The Birthplace at Baystate Franklin Medical Center, we're dedicated to supporting you and your baby during one of life's most momentous times.
Our certified nurse-midwives, board-certified obstetricians, and highly-skilled nurses believe in empowering you with a personalized birthing experience in a private room. Whether your birth plan includes a water birth or patient-controlled epidural anesthesia, we're here to make sure you are respected, cared for, and safe.
Our team will partner with you to develop a birthing experience that meets your needs and wishes.
At The Birthplace, you and your child will:
- Experience safe, high quality care from our skilled, caring staff
- Relax in our spa room where you can enjoy your own music and dimmed lighting while soaking in our Jacuzzi tub
- Have access to immersion tubs for laboring and water births, including our newest water birthing room
- Have pain management choices including hydrotherapy, nitrous oxide, and patient-controlled epidural anesthesia
- Stay in a private suite overlooking views of Franklin County
- Enjoy a complimentary celebration meal with your partner
- Single-room suites
- 24-hour anesthesia
- Jacuzzi-type labor and water-birth tubs
- Free TV and local telephone service
- Interpreter services
Childbirth Education Classes
We recommend childbirth education to every parent, beginning at 28-30 weeks. Most classes are taught by Birthplace nurses. Classes and groups are held in the Birthplace Classroom at Baystate Franklin Medical Center. To register for any classes, please call the Birthplace at 413-773-2331.
The visitation policy at Baystate Franklin Medical Center includes:
- Open visiting hours
- Rooming-in accommodations for partners who wish to stay overnight after the birth of a baby or for parents to sleep in a sick child's room
- Room service menus
- A definition of family as anyone who is important to the patient, including children (with adult supervision)
- A philosophy of care that includes the patient and family as one