Baystate Franklin Medical Center (BFMC) is an 89-bed community hospital, rooted in a rich tradition of service and accountability to the people of Franklin County, North Quabbin, and surrounding communities. As a member of Baystate Health, BFMC is directly affiliated with Baystate Medical Center in Springfield — the regional campus of the University of Massachusetts Medical School - Baystate.
- More than 200 physicians on active and courtesy staff
- More than 27,000 Emergency Department visits annually
- 500 babies delivered each year in The Birthplace – a progressive, midwife-driven service.
- Training site for Baystate Medical Center’s residents in emergency medicine, surgery, and obstetrics.
- Franklin Medical Center joined Baystate Health as Baystate Franklin Medical Center in 1986.
Community Health Needs Assessment
Each year, a consultant team researches the social and economic factors that impact health in BFMC's service area. Download the 2016 report to learn more.
Patients and Visitors
To find out specific information about what to expect during your stay at the hospital, see Patients and Visitors or download our printable Patient Guide.
Free parking is available at the hospital and medical buildings 24 hours a day/7 days a week for all patients and visitors. For more information, download the map (pdf) of our facilities and parking.
Full service cafeteria on the ground level of the hospital.
Baystate Franklin Auxiliary Gift Shop
Location: High Street entrance, first floor
Hours: Monday – Thursday, 9 am to 7 pm
Friday, 9 am to 4 pm
Saturday, 11:30 am to 3 pm
Sunday, 12:30 pm to 3:30 pm
Proceeds raised by the Auxiliary — through the gift shop and special sales in the main lobby — go to fund services and equipment for Baystate Franklin Medical Center.