Visiting Hours and Policies
Updated Visitor Policy 3/28/2020
As we continue to look at the visitor policy to protect our patients, community, and employees, our policy has been updated to NO VISITORS IN THE HOSPITAL.
Exceptions are as follows and are at the discretion of Baystate Health:
- One parent or guardian for a patient under the age of 18
- One birthing partner for a woman in labor
- One person at a time for a hospice or end of life patient
- One clergy member for an end of life patient
- One caretaker for a completely dependent patient
- As of 3/28, birthing partners may remain with the patient until discharge. Learn more.
Those meeting exceptions will be screened prior to visitation.
Updated Valet Parking Services 3/22/2020
- Valet parking services are suspended at Baystate Medical Center's Daly, Wesson, Chestnut, Emergency Department and Baystate Wing Hospital entrances
- Valet services will currently remain open at the D'Amour Center for Cancer Care at 3350 Main Street
- We embrace a patient and family-centered care philosophy that values a patient's family as an integral part of the patient care team. For this reason, we have open visitation hours 24/7 for a loved one to be present as desired by the patient, family, and healthcare team.
- There may be times when we have to restrict visitors, especially during the flu season.
- Children with adult supervision are welcome.
- We ask that visitors be as quiet as possible while walking in the hallways or visiting patients in semi-private rooms so that other patients are not disturbed.
Visitor Access to Patients in the Wesson Women and Infants’ Unit at Baystate Medical Center
At Baystate Medical Center, we have a secured entrance to our birthing units. This means that your visitors will use a telephone outside the entrance to speak to one of our staff before we open the door.
Visiting hours are 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. but there may be times when we have to restrict visitors, especially during the flu season.
Visiting Hours for Inpatient Psychiatric Unit and the Center for Geriatric Psychiatry at Baystate Wing Hospital
Inpatient Psychiatry Unit (Parker North)
Monday to Friday: 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Saturday, Sunday and holidays: 12:30 pm - 2:30 pm and 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Visitors are asked to adhere to the above visiting hours, if special arrangements are needed please contact the unit at 413-370-5269 to arrange with the charge nurse.
Center for Geriatric Psychiatry
Noon - 2:00 pm and 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Visitors are asked to adhere to the above visiting hours, if special arrangements are needed please contact the unit at 413-370-8105 to arrange with the charge nurse.