Visiting Hours and Policies
Restricted Visiting Hours in Effect as of January 22, 2019
New visiting hour restrictions are in effect for Baystate Children's Hospital and Wesson Women & Infants' Unit in order to protect patients from the flu.
- No more than two visitors at a time.
- No visitors under 12 years old will be permitted.
- Visitors who have been exposed to the flu at home, or who have symptoms of the flu, are asked to refrain from visiting patients in Baystate Health hospitals.
Open Visiting Hours
- We embrace a patient and family-centered care philosophy that values a patient's family as an integral part of the patient care team. For this reason, we have open visitation hours 24/7 for a loved one to be present as desired by the patient, family, and healthcare team.
- There may be times when we have to restrict visitors, especially during the flu season.
- Children with adult supervision are welcome.
- We ask that visitors be as quiet as possible while walking in the hallways or visiting patients in semi-private rooms so that other patients are not disturbed.
Visitor Access to Patients in the Wesson Women and Infants’ Unit at Baystate Medical Center
At Baystate Medical Center, we have a secured entrance to our birthing units. This means that your visitors will use a telephone outside the entrance to speak to one of our staff before we open the door.
Visiting hours are 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. but there may be times when we have to restrict visitors, especially during the flu season.
Visiting Hours for Inpatient Psychiatric Unit and the Center for Geriatric Psychiatry at Baystate Wing Hospital
Inpatient Psychiatry Unit (Parker North)
Monday to Friday: 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Saturday, Sunday and holidays: 12:30 pm - 2:30 pm and 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Visitors are asked to adhere to the above visiting hours, if special arrangements are needed please contact the unit at 413-370-5269 to arrange with the charge nurse.
Center for Geriatric Psychiatry
Noon - 2:00 pm and 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Visitors are asked to adhere to the above visiting hours, if special arrangements are needed please contact the unit at 413-370-8105 to arrange with the charge nurse.