Research at UMMS-Baystate
Research is an Integral Part of Everything We Do
Research discoveries can translate into better patient care—now and in the future.
- Baystate researchers conduct clinical, translational and health services research in many medical and surgical specialties. (Browse scholarly output by discipline)
- Our research centers leverage our expertise in population health, clinical effectiveness and outcomes research to focus on making health care more effective and efficient.
- Our technology innovation center, TechSpring, works with technology companies—from one-person startups to tech giants like Dell and Cerner Corp—on innovations like remote monitoring technology and e-visits with healthcare professionals.
"You have the opportunity to do what is closest to your heart."
Researcher and neonatologist Dr. Rachana Singh describes the research environment
at Baystate in this 1 1/2 minute video.
The Future of Research at Baystate is Bright
Last year, research funding of $14+ million included $9.5 million in federal funds.
- And, as an academic teaching hospital—the regional campus of the University of Massachusetts Medical School—Baystate’s size and clinical excellence put it in an excellent position to grow its research program.
- Internal grants provide investigators with support to increase the number of competitive proposals submitted for external research funding—mentoring, statistical consulting services, grant-writing assistance, and financial support or protected time.