Safety is our priority
We're following safety guidelines and taking precautions in our facilities.
When your heart muscle is weak and can’t pump blood the way it should, you have heart failure. It is also called congestive heart failure (CHF). Heart failure makes it hard for your body to get the oxygen-rich blood it needs. Heart failure is typically caused by conditions that strain your heart, including high blood pressure and coronary artery disease.
For most people, heart failure can’t be cured. Medications, diet, and exercise help you control the symptoms and progression of the disease.
Baystate Medical Center has a Heart Failure Management Program, which helps people with heart failure improve their quality of life. The program can successfully empower you to manage your condition and reach your optimal health.
Our Heart Failure Management Program offers:
- Assessment by a Baystate Health Center cardiologist who specializes in heart failure
- Treatment based on national guidelines and the latest research
- Strategies to improve your health that focus on your needs and priorities
- Nutrition counseling
- Education for your caregivers and family
- Telephone triage
- Urgent care visits
- Collaboration with the visiting nurse and hospice teams
- Participation in current research trials