The Best Heart Care in Western Massachusetts
Your heart is in good hands with Baystate’s team of cardiovascular doctors, specialists, and nurses. We have the experience, expertise, and equipment to help you get back to your best life with as little down time as possible. We deliver excellent heart and vascular care in western Massachusetts.
We Care for a Variety of Heart & Vascular Conditions
Learn more about the heart care services we offer:
Excellent Cardiovascular Treatment
Baystate’s heart and vascular services stand out in Massachusetts. Here’s why:
Baystate’s Regional Heart Attack Program is known nationally for delivering life-saving care. During a heart attack, every minute counts. We can unblock your artery up to 25 minutes sooner than the national standard. In fact, Baystate is in the top 10% of hospitals nationwide when it comes to this life-saving treatment, called an angioplasty.
- Baystate Medical Center is the only hospital in our area that can stop a heart attack instantly by unblocking an artery. And we can do this procedure 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Baystate's Cardiac Surgery Program has earned a distinguished 3-star ranking from the Society of Thoracic Surgeons for patient care and outcomes in aortic valve replacement, coronary artery bypass grafting, and mitral valve replacement and repair surgery.
- Baystate Medical Center’s experts perform more than 80% of all cardiac surgeries in western Massachusetts. When it comes to heart surgery, we are one of the top three highest-volume medical centers in Massachusetts. This kind of experience means we are well equipped to help you, no matter what your condition.
- Baystate Children’s Hospital is specially designed to care for the youngest hearts. We have board-certified pediatric cardiologists and specialists, as well as resources for families—all set in a child-friendly environment.
- The latest clinical trials: We understand that offering the very best care to you and your family means staying up-to-date on the latest drugs and techniques. Our active keeps us on the leading edge of research. Baystate staff take part in cardiology clinical trials that lead to better care and healthier outcomes.
Locations in Springfield and Throughout the Pioneer Valley
From our anticoagulation clinic and cardiac cath lab, to our cardiac surgery suites and rehab locations, our facilities are designed to prioritize your safety and comfort.