Summer Programs for Undergraduates
Baystate Medical Center offers two different 10-week summer programs for college undergraduates who are residents of Hampden or Hampshire counties.
Both programs focus on research, and are for undergraduate students interested in a career in public health, medicine, or other healthcare professions.
Baystate Summer Academy
For rising freshmen, sophomores and juniors
- Designed to provide students with a core understanding of public health and medical research practices
- Meets once a week on Tuesday evenings for 10 weeks
- No stipend provided
- Application deadline is February 27, 2020.
> Baystate Summer Academy: Application and details
Summer Scholars Program
For rising juniors and seniors
- Aims to introduce students to a career in health care
- Requires up to 30 hours per week during the 10-week program
- Both paid and unpaid internships are available
- Application deadline is January 31, 2020.
> Summer Scholars: Application and details