Summer Programs for Undergraduates
Baystate Medical Center offers two different 10-week summer programs for college undergraduates who are residents of Hampden or Hampshire counties in Massachusetts.
Both programs focus on research, and are for undergraduate students interested in a career in public health, medicine, or other healthcare profession.
Application deadline is January 11, 2019. (Letters of recommendation will be accepted until January 18, 2019.)
Baystate Summer Academy
- Designed to provide students with a core understanding of public health and medical research practices
- For rising freshmen, sophomores and juniors
- Meets once a week on Tuesday evenings for 10 weeks
- No stipend provided
> Baystate Summer Academy: Application and details
Summer Scholars Program
- Aims to introduce students to a career in health care
- For rising juniors and seniors
- Requires up to 32 hours per week during the 10-week program
- Paid as a per diem employee
> Summer Scholars: Application and details