Summer Programs for Undergraduates
Baystate Medical Center offers two different 10-week summer programs for college undergraduates who are residents of Hampden or Hampshire counties in Massachusetts.
Both programs focus on research, and are for undergraduate students interested in a career in public health, medicine, or other healthcare profession.
Summer 2020 Program Information
Funding for the summer of 2020 has not yet been secured. Please check back in December 2019 for updates.
Baystate Summer Academy
- Designed to provide students with a core understanding of public health and medical research practices
- For rising freshmen, sophomores and juniors
- Meets once a week on Tuesday evenings for 10 weeks
- No stipend provided
> Baystate Summer Academy: Application and details
Summer Scholars Program
- Aims to introduce students to a career in health care
- For rising juniors and seniors
- Requires up to 32 hours per week during the 10-week program
- Paid as a per diem employee
> Summer Scholars: Application and details