Summer Programs for Undergraduates
Baystate Medical Center offers two different 10-week summer programs for college undergraduates who are residents of Hampden or Hampshire counties.
Both programs focus on research, and are for undergraduate students interested in a career in public health, medicine, or other healthcare professions.
Due to the pandemic, the status of these programs for the summer of 2021 in not yet determined. If the programs move forward, applications will be available in late January or early February.
Baystate Summer Academy
For rising freshmen, sophomores and juniors
- Designed to provide students with a core understanding of public health and medical research practices
- Meets once a week on Tuesday evenings for 10 weeks
- No stipend provided
- Application deadline is February 27, 2020.
> Baystate Summer Academy: Application and details
Summer Scholars Program
For rising juniors and seniors
- Aims to introduce students to a career in health care
- Requires up to 30 hours per week during the 10-week program
- Both paid and unpaid internships are available
- Application deadline is January 31, 2020.
> Summer Scholars: Application and details