Applying to the Program
All applicants must apply online through ERAS (Electronic Residency Application Service).
Applicants must submit:
- ERAS application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Medical School Transcripts
- Personal Statement
- Letter of recommendation from your Program Director
- Two additional letters of recommendation (if you are not currently in a training program, one of the letters should be from your current position)
- USMLE /COMLEX scores
- ECFMG certificate
ERAS application deadline: July 15
Prior to matriculation to fellowship training at Baystate Medical Center, all incoming fellows must have:
- Completed a 3-year ACGME-accredited residency program in Internal Medicine or Internal Medicine-Pediatrics
- Passed the USMLE Step 3 or COMLEX-USA Level 3 examination
- All fellowship candidates must fulfill Baystate's Resident & Fellow Appointment Requirements.
Institutional Policy on Visa Status
Fellows are sponsored on J1 visas through the ECFMG. Baystate Medical Center does consider sponsorship of H1B visas for select candidates.
Consistent with recommendations from the AAMC and the ACGME, UMMS-Baystate GME programs will conduct interviews virtually for all applicants. The chosen platform is Thalamus.
We are developing the process as well as the schedule for the 2020-2021 interview season, and updates will be published when available.
Contact for Questions