Program at a Glance
The UMMS-Baystate Nephrology Fellowship is designed to educate fellows to become outstanding nephrology clinicians or clinician educators, qualified to become medical directors of a dialysis facility or clinical faculty members in academia or outstanding private practice nephrologists.
Our Program emphasizes 18 months of exceptional clinical training and includes 6 months of clinical nephrology research in the second year. Subspecialty fellows will receive comprehensive training in all facets of inpatient nephrology while on three major rotations: Inpatient Service, Outpatient Service, and Transplantation.
Baystate Medical Center serves a population of approximately one million patients from Southern Vermont, New Hampshire, Eastern New York, Northern Connecticut and Western Massachusetts.
Fellowship Director: Gregory Braden, MD
Fellowship Administrator: Amanda Duda email: email@example.com phone: 413-794-4146
Program & Department Metrics
- Length of fellowship: 2 years
- Number of fellows per year: 2
- Number of faculty: 12
- Number of hospital beds: 716
- Number of residency programs: 10
- Number of fellowship programs: 22
Fellow Benefits & Facilities
- We have attempted to maintain salaries in the 75th percentile nationally, and here in western Massachusetts, we enjoy a lower cost of living than in major urban areas. View our complete list of salaries and benefits.
- 4 weeks vacation/year, meal subsidy, free parking
- Disability/Malpractice/Health/Life Insurance
- First and second year fellows share their own office
- Each fellow has his or her own computer
- Comprehensive electronic medical record
- Well-supplied, on-campus hospital library with 8 librarians and robust e-medicine resources (Up-to-Date, Ovid, etc.)
- PG4: Inpatient service (10 months); Outpatient transplant (2 months)
- PG5: Inpatient service (4 months); Outpatient transplant (2 months); Research (6 months)
- Weekly Conferences: Transplant, Pathology, Renal Grand Rounds, Core Curriculum Lectures
- Monthly Conferences: Renal Biopsy, Basic Science Physiology Review, Patient Care Review, Journal Club, and Research