Please call your provider’s office for questions about services and appointments as we work to ensure the safety of our patients, providers and community. If you have a fever, cough or shortness of breath, or concerns about COVID-19 exposure, call your primary care office. In a life-threatening emergency, please call 911.
Physician Leadership Academy
The Office of Faculty Affairs offers a biennial Physician Leadership Academy to cultivate emerging physician leaders. The curriculum includes didactic lectures, workshops, small group discussions, and a mentored project. The program consists of one full-day session every two weeks over the course of five months. Session topics include:
- Challenging Conversations
- Process Improvement & Change Management
- Healthcare Finance
- Unconscious Bias
- Culture of Safety
- Academic Strategic Career Planning
For more information, please email Frank Lovelock, Senior Consultant for Physician Leadership Development and Engagement, or phone him at 413-794-9551. View our current and past PLA graduates.
Mentors Matter is a peer-mentoring program for mid-career physicians and advanced practitioners to improve
mentorship skills. Nomination by Department Chair is required.
The program is comprised of 10 monthly 4-hour workshops, October 2019 - July 2020 on Fridays 8:00 am - noon (view current program description here).
Session topics include:
- What makes a good mentor? Mentoring, Coaching, and Sponsorship
- Career Development: What are your values? What is your 5 year plan?
- Academic promotion: Where do we stand, how can we help each other succeed?
- Communication and Feedback
- Kotter’s Principles of Change
- Negotiation and Conflict Management
- Professional Vitality: Do you have it in your career?
- Developing Sponsorship skills for colleagues and yourself
- Work life balance: Can you have it all?
- Networking with institutional leaders
For questions, please email Dr. Raquel Belforti, Assistant Professor of Medicine.
Applications for the October 2019 - July 2020 Mentors Matter program are now closed. Please check back in Spring 2020 for the 2020-2021 application.