Building Your Toolbox for Academic Advancement
“Building Your Toolbox for Academic Advancement" is open to all faculty (and potential faculty). Sessions will take place via WebEx from 12:15 to 1:15 pm on the following dates:
- Friday, January 29th, 2021
- Topic: Understanding Scholarship (click here to view recorded session)
- Speaker: Rebecca Blanchard, PhD, MEd, Assistant Dean of Education, Associate Professor of Medicine, UMMS-Baystate
- Thursday, April 8th, 2021
- Topic: Getting Academic Output From Your Day Job (click here to view recorded session)
- Speaker: Tara Catanzano, MD, Professor and Vice Chair of Academic Affairs, Department of Radiology, Associate Director of Academic Career Development, Office of Faculty Affairs, UMMS-Baystate
- Thursday, July 15th, 2021
- Topic: Promotion Planning and CV Tips (recording will be available soon)
- Speaker: Amy S. Gottlieb, MD, Associate Dean for Faculty Affairs, Professor of Medicine and Obstetrics and Gynecology, UMMS-Baystate, Chief Faculty Development Officer, Baystate Health
- Thursday, October 28th, 2021
- Topic: Publishing Your Work
- Speaker: Robert J. Goldberg, PhD, Professor Emeritus, Division of Epidemiology, Department of Population and Quantitative Health Sciences, UMMS
Please contact Tara Catanzano, MD, Associate Director of Academic Career Development, Office of Faculty Affairs, at Tara.Catanzano@baystatehealth.org, with any questions.
Departments and divisions are welcome to schedule a group CV workshop to learn strategies and tips to enhance faculty CVs. Please contact Marc Labrie, Associate Director, Office of Faculty Affairs, at Marc.Labrie@baystatehealth.org or Tara Catanzano, MD, Associate Director of Academic Career Development, Office of Faculty Affairs, at Tara.Catanzano@baystatehealth.org, to schedule.
Promotion Accountability Group
The Promotion Accountability Group is a four-session, longitudinal faculty development program for women Associate Professors seeking advancement to the rank of Professor. Sessions are offered quarterly and focus on CV preparation and guidance as well as review of promotion metrics. Registration for the current program is now closed. For more information about future offerings, please email Marc Labrie, Associate Director, Office of Faculty Affairs, or phone him at 413-794-7835.
Virtual Office Hours
Our virtual office hours are monthly, remote “drop-in” sessions with discussions about academic advancement that are driven by participant interest. Attendees should come prepared with specific questions related to the appointment and promotion process that can be shared with the group. Sessions are 30 minutes long.
Upcoming sessions will be held from 12:15-12:45 PM on the following dates:
- Thursday, August 26th
- Thursday, September 23rd
Pre-registration is required. Current or prospective faculty may attend any or all sessions. A WebEx Outlook calendar invitation with details on how to join the meeting will be sent to all who register.
If you would like to attend an upcoming session, please RSVP to Marc Labrie, Associate Director of the Office of Faculty Affairs, at Marc.Labrie@baystatehealth.org.
(Updated July 2021)