Building Your Toolbox for Academic Advancement
We are pleased to announce a new faculty development program entitled “Building Your Toolbox for Academic Advancement.” Topics are below. All faculty (and potential faculty) are welcome. Sessions will take place via WebEx from 12:15 to 1:15 pm on the following dates:
- Friday, January 29th
- Topic: Understanding Scholarship (click here to view recorded session)
- Speaker: Rebecca Blanchard, PhD, MEd, Assistant Dean of Education, Associate Professor of Medicine, UMMS-Baystate
- Thursday, April 8th
- Topic: Getting Academic Output From Your Day Job
- Speaker: Tara Catanzano, MD, Professor and Vice Chair of Academic Affairs, Department of Radiology, Associate Director of Academic Career Development, Office of Faculty Affairs, UMMS-Baystate
- To register for this webinar, please email Elaine Pluta at Elaine.Pluta@baystatehealth.org by Tuesday, March 30th. A WebEx invitation will be sent to all registered participants prior to the program.
- Thursday, July 15th
- Topic: Promotion Planning and CV Tips
- Speaker: Amy S. Gottlieb, MD, Associate Dean for Faculty Affairs, Professor of Medicine and Obstetrics and Gynecology, UMMS-Baystate, Chief Faculty Development Officer, Baystate Health
- Thursday, October 28th
- Topic: Publishing Your Work
- Speaker: Robert J. Goldberg, PhD, Professor Emeritus, Division of Epidemiology, Department of Population and Quantitative Health Sciences, UMMS
Please contact Tara Catanzano, MD, Associate Director of Academic Career Development, Office of Faculty Affairs, at Tara.Catanzano@baystatehealth.org, with any questions.
Departments and divisions are welcome to schedule a group CV workshop to learn strategies and tips to enhance faculty CVs. Please contact Marc Labrie, Associate Director, Office of Faculty Affairs, at Marc.Labrie@baystatehealth.org or Tara Catanzano, MD, Associate Director of Academic Career Development, Office of Faculty Affairs, at Tara.Catanzano@baystatehealth.org, to schedule.
Promotion Accountability Group
The Promotion Accountability Group is a four-session, longitudinal faculty development program for women Associate Professors seeking advancement to the rank of Professor. Sessions are offered quarterly and focus on CV preparation and guidance as well as review of promotion metrics. Registration for the current program is now closed. For more information about future offerings, please email Marc Labrie, Associate Director, Office of Faculty Affairs, or phone him at 413-794-7835.
Virtual Office Hours
These virtual office hours are monthly, remote “drop-in” sessions with discussions about academic advancement that are driven by participant interest. Attendees should come prepared with specific questions related to the appointment and promotion process that can be shared with the group. Sessions are 30 minutes long.
Upcoming sessions will be held from 12:15-12:45 PM on the following dates:
- Thursday, March 18th
- Thursday, April 22nd
Pre-registration is required. Current or prospective faculty may attend any or all sessions. A WebEx Outlook calendar invitation with details on how to join the meeting will be sent to all who register.
If you would like to attend one of these sessions, please RSVP to Marc Labrie, Associate Director of the Office of Faculty Affairs, at Marc.Labrie@baystatehealth.org.
(Updated February 2021)