COVID-19 Safety Measures
- All patients, family members and visitors will be asked questions about health symptoms before entering the waiting area.
- You will be given hand sanitizer and a fresh surgical mask.
- Depending on local COVID numbers, and in accordance with CDC, DPH, and State guidelines, we are limited visitors in our hospitals. Read our visitor policy.
- We are minimizing the number of people in our waiting areas to maintain social distancing.
- Patient rooms are being thoroughly cleaned after each visit; the rest of the facility is being cleaned throughout the day.
About Pediatric Care at Baystate Health
Your child deserves the very best care, and Baystate Children’s Hospital provides just that. We are the only hospital in our region to offer a full range of pediatric specialty and preventive health services.
Our team works closely with you to ensure timely, proper treatment for your kids. We can help your kids stay healthy and avoid illness with general pediatric health services.
We also serve families who are facing pediatric surgery or complex conditions. And you can rely on the Sadowsky Family Pediatric Emergency Department — the region’s only children’s ER and only level 2 pediatric trauma center — for prompt, thorough care.
ADVANCED CARE JUST FOR KIDS
We understand what you already know: Kids need a special kind of health care.
Our facilities are specially designed to help children feel more comfortable. We use the latest newborn and pediatric medical technology. Our pediatricians are trained to understand how to diagnose, treat, and manage complex health conditions in kids.
SPECIALIZED INPATIENT SERVICES
Baystate Children’s Hospital features the region’s only Pediatric Intensive Care and Neonatal Intensive Care Units. We also have specially designed inpatient areas for infants, children, and young adults.
Our pediatric specialists care for a variety of childhood health conditions, including:
And because medical care can be scary and stressful for kids, we offer the Child Life Program. This unique service supports children and families through difficult times with the help of carefully trained specialists.
OUTPATIENT PEDIATRIC SERVICES
You’ll find outpatient children’s health services at two primary facilities:
- The Baystate Children’s Specialty Center provides specialty care to kids in a bright, welcoming atmosphere.
- The General Pediatrics Health Center serves more general health needs of children and families.
At the Sadowsky Center for Children, kids with cancer or blood disorders receive specialized care in a family-oriented and supportive environment.