Pediatric Lead Poisoning & Environmental Health

 Back to Services
We're Here to Help
If you suspect your child has been exposed to lead, or if you have other environmental exposure concerns, talk to your pediatrician or call us:

Lead is a toxic metal that can be dangerous to your children. Kids can take in lead chips or dust from lead-based paint, old toys, or even older playgrounds.

Over time, lead builds up and results in lead poisoning. Lead poisoning can cause brain damage, physical harm, and even death. Treatment for lead poisoning is available at Baystate Children’s Hospital, but damage can’t be reversed.

If you worry that your child has been exposed to lead, talk with your child’s doctor or call us at 413-794-KIDS.

You’re in good hands at Baystate Children’s Hospital. Our services include:

  • Assessment of environmental exposures, including lead
  • Education about ways to prevent further environmental exposures
  • Treatment for lead poisoning
Manage Your Health Information Using MyBaystate
Sign in online or download the MyBaystate patient portal app to access your health information.

Back to Top