Please call your provider’s office for questions about services and appointments as we work to ensure the safety of our patients, providers and community. If you have a fever, cough or shortness of breath, or concerns about COVID-19 exposure, call your primary care office. In a life-threatening emergency, please call 911.
Testing & Diagnoses
FOR WOMEN OR COUPLES WHO CAN’T GET PREGNANT, WE’LL BEGIN BY ASSESSING THE CAUSE
Each patient’s journey is unique. Some patients join us looking for answers after several difficult losses or years of trying to conceive. Others may have a diagnosed health problem that makes it hard to become pregnant.
No matter what your story is, you can rely on our team to deliver comprehensive and compassionate care. We typically begin with a complete physical exam and health assessment, including a detailed review of your sexual and medical history.
Next, we will recommend fertility testing, which is usually much more extensive than testing done by your OBGYN. A complete fertility assessment can improve your odds of eventually becoming pregnant because it gives us a complete picture of your reproductive health, as well as your partner’s.
FERTILITY TESTS FOR WOMEN
The most common fertility tests for women include:
- Tests to assess the fallopian tubes, uterus, and endometrium, such as a hysterosalpingogram (HSG), a transvaginal ultrasound, a hysteroscopy, tubal evaluation, and a laparoscopy
- Tests to assess ovulation, ovarian reserve, and hormones, such as a blood test to check FSH levels and a clomiphene citrate challenge test (or clomid challenge test)
FERTILITY TESTS FOR MEN
Male infertility is relatively common, and it’s a factor in about half of the cases of couples being unable to get pregnant. The most common fertility tests for men include:
- Semen analysis, which assesses the quality and quantity of semen
- Hormone testing, which looks for problems in the hormonal or reproductive organ system
- Post-ejaculation urinalysis, which may show that sperm is traveling backward into the bladder instead out of the penis