The Baystate Health Eastern Region, comprised of Baystate Mary Lane Hospital and Baystate Wing Hospital, has released its 2016 Emergency Medical Service (EMS) Continuing Education Program schedule of classes for the 2016 year.
“There are few areas more important to a community than emergency medical services,” said Dr. Gerstein, Chair of Emergency Medicine at Baystate Mary Lane Hospital. “In our communities, EMS providers work countless hours to ensure that our community members have access to highly skilled, quality emergency care. We are proud to offer monthly training to our area EMS providers,” said Dr. Gerstein. “Annually, our training program offers EMTs, EMT-I, and Paramedics in our communities training opportunities that provide continuing education credits toward maintaining their state and national certification.
Classes are held on the First Wednesday of every month, from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm, at Baystate Mary Lane Hospital in the Main Conference Room, located on the 2nd floor of the hospital.
EMS CONTINUING EDUCATION PROGRAM 2016
- January 6, M & M Rounds – Focus CHF - Dr. Roger Lafleur
- February 3, Artificial Ventilation - Chris Gagnon, EMT-P
- March 2, OB Emergencies - Dr. Oscar Martinez
- April 6, M&M Rounds – Focus Stroke - Dr. Roger Lafleur
- May 4, Crew Response Management & Incident Command - Neil Hawley, U- Mass Lowell
- June 1, Pedi Cardiac Arrest and Pedi Transport - Chris Cannizzaro, PA-C
- July 6, M&M Rounds – Focus Cardiac Arrest & VAD - Dr. Roger Lafleur
- August 3, Cardiac Rate Disturbances and Cardiac Arrest - Dr. Morris Leibowitz
- September 7, Stroke: Pre-hospital Assessment and Care - Dr. Richard Gerstein
- October 5, M&M Rounds – Focus Endocrine & Diabetes - Dr. Roger Lafleur
- November 2, Managing Psychiatric Emergencies - Robert Horton, RN, BC, BMC
- December 7, Post Resuscitative Care - Dr. Rock Jean-Guillaume
No registration required
These accredited continuing education opportunities are offered free of charge as part of Baystate Health’s Eastern Region’s ongoing commitment to local Emergency Medical Providers and the communities both organizations serve.
Registration is not required, for more information call Michelle Holmgren, Public Affairs & Community Manager, Baystate Health Eastern Region at 413-967-2296.