The Baystate Research Facility (BRF) is a 25,000 square foot facility that features:
- ample bench space for basic science research
- tissue culture, surgical and procedural rooms
- BSL-2 room
- additional specialty lab space
- convenient access to HistoSpring
In addition to research space the BRF has:
- private offices
- open community area
- three conference rooms
- reception area
Our core team includes individuals trained in laboratory safety, skilled veterinary care, regulatory issues, as well as individuals providing general administrative support.
Types of research being conducted at the BRF include cancer, diabetes, surgical techniques and training, and device/instrument development.
Local Oversight of our Research Facility
- The Institutional Review Board oversees and evaluates all research involving humans.
- The Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) oversees and evaluates all animal care and use and is also responsible for initial and continuing review and approval or all animal use protocols. The IACUC assures USDA and OLAW regulations and national standards are met.
- The Institutional Biosafety Committee reviews registrations for Recombinant or Synthetic Nucleic Acid Molecules, Pathogens, potential Infectious Agents, Biological Toxins, and Human Clinical Trials that involve the use of these materials as mandated by the National Institutes of Health.
Accreditation, Regulation and Membership of our Research Facility
For More Information