- The didactic portion begins with a month long introductory experience filled with hands-on training and lectures. This will ease you into the department and allow you to connect with the physician residents, attending physicians, and the ED advanced practitioners.
- The APresident is expected to participate in the weekly 5 hours of didactic emergency medicine conferences, as well as monthly journal club.
- The AP resident will be involved in several simulation scenarios during the year.
The Baystate EM-AP residency is modeled after the EM physician residency. As a resident you will rotate through core clinical services to prepare you for a career in emergency medicine.
- Emergency Medicine orientation (4 weeks)
- Ortho/Ultrasound (4 weeks)
- Anesthesia (4 weeks)
- Adult Emergency Medicine (22 weeks)
- Pediatric Emergency Medicine (8 weeks)
- Selectives (6 weeks) - selective rotations allow you to tailor your educational experience
- Vacation (4 weeks)