Presented by Baystate Health Every Woman and Baystate Women Empowered
We have cancelled Carpe the Chaos.
Baystate Health is committed to caring for those we serve. Due to current concerns about the COVID-19 outbreak and recommendations by the CDC about social distancing, Baystate Health is instituting restrictions for events. These are important policy changes that support our priority focused on the health and safety of our community, patients and team members.
If you would like information on the COVID-19 visit COVID-19
If you need more information, email Sue.Fontaine@BaystateHealth.org
Where and When
Wednesday, April 1, 5-8 pm
The Log Cabin
500 Easthampton Road
What Does 'Carpe the Chaos' Mean?
'Carpe the Chaos' is one of the three counterintuitive power tools from the book No Excuses: Nine Power Tools to Advance Your Career by Gloria Feldt. Carpe the Chaos is a timely tool for the current times. When things are chaotic, that is actually THE moment when people are open to new ways of thinking, to innovation, and to new roles for women. Seize the day. The power is in your hands to change the world!
Come join us as we discuss the techniques used to master the chaos. You will:
Understand how malleable boundaries support change.
- Learn 5 principles of carpe the chaos.
- Identify how a different lens can support innovation during chaotic and disruptive situations.
- Have fun as you network with a community of women committed to expressing themselves and use personal beliefs and values
- Enjoy delicious food stations
- browse products from women-owned businesses
- Get health information.
6-6:30 pm: Welcome
- "Amplifying Women" with Jean Ahn, Chief Strategy Officer, Nuvance Health
- "The Future of Women in Technology" with Joel Vengco, Senior Vice President, Informatics & Technology & Chief Information Officer, Baystate Health
6:30-8 pm: Carpe the Chaos with Lisa Mead, President of Inspiring Transitions and Crown Healthcare Advisors
- Includes a fun, interactive, hands on exercise to not only carpe the chaos but define your own terms.
- This event is for all women but medical professionals attendees are eligible for 1 hour CME/CEU credit. Registration for CME/CEU is required before the event.
Instructions for CME/CEU credit
A flowing display of cheeses, fruit, vegetables and dip
- Salad station: Tossed to order. Lavish assortment of greens and vegetables
- Fresh pasta station: Variety of pastas and sauces
- Mexican station: Flour tortillas, taco shells, seasoned beef,
- spicy chicken, salsa, sour cream, guacamole, shredded cheese, chopped tomatoes, shredded lettuce, olives, diced onions
- Carving station
- Dessert station
- Coffee, decaf, tea service
- Cash bar
$25 for Baystate Health Every Woman members and Baystate Women Empowered members. $40 for non-members.
For more information call 413-794-5200. Join the free Baystate Health Every Women program and receive the discount.
About the Speaker
Lisa Mead, RN, MS, CPHQ, CHPC
Starting her career as a registered nurse in 1984, Lisa Mead has been a long-time health care provider and business executive, helping individuals and companies develop, execute and succeed in manifesting change. Lisa is the President for Inspiring Transitions and Crowne Healthcare Advisors, providing consulting and coaching services to clients across the country. She has more than 30 years’ experience as a leader within a variety of settings, including large medical practices, large hospital systems, post-acute care, as well as clinically integrated organizations. Lisa is also the founder of Arizona Women in Healthcare, an association designed to Promote, Recognize, Inspire, develop and Empower its members (AZWIHC.org). As part of her commitment to women, she is a Leadership Ambassador for Take The Lead. As a certified high-performance coach™ she supports women in reaching new levels of performance through enhanced clarity, energy, productivity, courage and purpose. Lisa is a mother of two adult men and has been married for 32 years. She enjoys international travel and missed her calling as a travel blogger.