Safety is our priority
We're following safety guidelines and taking precautions in our facilities.
Pediatric Endocrinology & Diabetes
Our pediatric endocrine specialists are trained to diagnose and treat a variety of hormone, growth, and gland problems in children – including diabetes.
Board-certified pediatric endocrinologists, pediatric weight management specialists, nurse practitioners, diabetes and endocrine nurse educators, registered dietitians, a child psychologist, and social workers will help you and your family determine the best treatment for your child.
ENDOCRINE CONDITIONS WE TREAT
We provide inpatient and outpatient diagnosis, treatment, education, and support for children with endocrine problems.
Adrenal disorders — congenital adrenal hyperplasia, Addison’s disease
- Calcium and vitamin D metabolism
- Diabetes, both type 1 and type 2
- Gender dysphoria
- Growth disorders
- Hypothalamic and pituitary dysfunction
- Metabolic bone disease
- Metabolic syndrome and lipid disorders
- Premature and delayed puberty
- Sexual differentiation disorders
- Thyroid dysfunction and thyroid nodules
DIABETES CARE & MANAGEMENT
If you're concerned that your child may have diabetes, talk to your primary pediatrician, who can refer you to the pediatric endocrinology team.
Signs of diabetes in children include:
- Feeling unusually thirsty
- Urinating more often than usual
- Weight loss
- Fruity smell on the breath
First we’ll work with you and your child to diagnose the condition. Then, we’ll begin care right away, providing intensive therapy on an outpatient basis whenever possible. We work closely with you and your child to prevent complications.
Our team of specialists also provides training to help you and your child successfully manage diabetes at home and school, with age-appropriate instructions for your child.
Because there is a strong link between type 2 diabetes and obesity, we may recommend you look into our Pediatric Weight Management Program.
Our diabetes treatment team includes:
- Child life specialists
- Diabetes and endocrine nurse educators
- Nurse practitioners
- Pediatric endocrinologists
- Pediatric weight management specialists
- Nurse practitioners
- Registered dietitians