Rehabilitation Can Help Your Child Reach Full Potential
Every child deserves the chance to learn, play, and live life to the fullest. If your child has a physical and/or learning challenge because of an illness, injury, or condition he or she was born with, Baystate Children’s Hospital can help. As rehabilitation specialists, we help your child reach his or her full potential through physical, occupational, and speech therapy, as well as other rehabilitation services and audiology services.
Our rehabilitation specialists include doctors, nurses, occupational and physical therapists, speech and language pathologists, and audiologists, and more. Your child’s care team:
- Determines your child’s current developmental level and the highest possible level of functioning
- Creates a plan to improve performance by combining physical skills, social and emotional development, and thinking and learning styles
- Helps you and your family create a home education program that works therapy goals into your child’s daily routine
We provide these rehabilitation services through Baystate Rehabilitation Care.
Conditions We Treat
Patients come to us with a wide range of conditions, including:
- Brachial plexus injuries – problem with nerves in the neck that control movement and feeling in shoulders, arms, and hands
- Cerebral palsy and other delayed development disorders
- Feeding issues
- Fine motor/upper-extremity function
- Sensory processing and modulation disorders – problems processing information received through senses
- Spasticity – tight or stiff muscles
- Torticollis – trouble turning head or neck
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Visual motor and visual perceptual skills
Our rehabilitation specialties cover a wide-range of experts. We are advanced in each department to help treat your child’s unique needs.