Pediatrics Residency at UMMS-Baystate
We Train Great Pediatricians
Baystate Children's Hospital's balanced 3-year ACGME-accredited Pediatrics Residency program, offered at the UMMS-Baystate regional campus, ensures that you experience all aspects of pediatric care on both ambulatory and inpatient services.
Our graduates are accomplished pediatricians who are:
- knowledgeable in medical problems and treatments
- skilled in procedures
- attuned to the needs of their patients
- able to navigate the complexities of the medical system.
Plenty of Exposure to Common and Rare Diagnoses
We care for children from the urban areas of Holyoke and Springfield, the surrounding suburbs, and rural areas from northern Connecticut to southern Vermont, and eastern New York to Worcester, MA.
The cultural and economic diversity represented in this region means that you will care for children of all ages with illnesses from the commonplace to the rare and unusual.
We are Committed to Life-long Learning
Faculty, residents, students, and staff—we all learn from each other.
- Residents are here to learn; our diverse pediatric faculty is dedicated to teaching. There are few fellows at Baystate—here the faculty works directly with you.
- Hands-on clinical experience and structured educational times are integral to the residency experience.
- Our residents solidify their knowledge while teaching medical students from Tufts and the University of Massachusetts.
We Take Care of Our Patients—and Each Other
We pride ourselves on our spirit of teamwork and helping each other get things done. And, the Springfield area is a great place to live and work. See why so many residents stay!