The Medicine-Pediatrics Residency Program at Baystate Medical Center participates in the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS)program for the residency application process. For information on applying to our Med-Peds residency, visit the ERAS website.
Dear Applicant for the Medicine-Pediatrics Match,
Congratulations on choosing Medicine-Pediatrics! Welcome to a community of dedicated, thoughtful and remarkable physicians.
We want you to know that we are absolutely committed to a holistic evaluation of your application in ERAS.
To help guide your application to our program, here are our expectations for your application
- Completed ERAS Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae>
- Medical School Transcript
- Personal Statement
- 2 or more letters of recommendation from any faculty member (ideally at least one letter from Internal Medicine faculty and at least one letter from Pediatrics faculty) that can speak to your clinical work, interpersonal communication, and/or character
- USMLE / COMLEX: Step 1 required for application, Step 2 CK required prior to rank list submission deadline
- All residency candidates must fulfill Baystate Resident Appointment Requirements
International Medical Graduates
We require US clinical experience for international applicants.
Institutional Policy on VISA Status
Baystate Medical Center sponsors J1 Visas through ECFMG for applicants who are eligible for appointment to a residency or fellowship position.
The availability of the institution to support H1B Visas is very limited and not generally available; however, upon request from a Program Director and under exceptional circumstances, the Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs at Baystate Medical Center will review H1B applications on a case by case basis.
Consistent with recommendations from the AAMC and the ACGME, UMass Chan Medical School-Baystate GME programs will conduct interviews virtually for all applicants.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Please feel free to call Janet Parrott at 413-794-3998 with any questions that you may have.