The Medicine-Pediatrics Residency Program at Baystate Medical Center participates in the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS)program for the residency application process. For information on applying to our Med-Peds residency, visit the ERAS website.
Dear Applicant for the 2021 Medicine-Pediatrics Match,
Congratulations on choosing Medicine-Pediatrics! Welcome to a community of dedicated, thoughtful and remarkable physicians.
We recognize that COVID-19 has disrupted many aspects of your training, and that you may be concerned about your application to our Medicine-Pediatrics Residency.
We understand this and have adjusted our application criteria to make this process easier for you.
We want you to know that we are absolutely committed to a holistic evaluation of your application in ERAS.
To help guide your application to our program, here are our expectations for your application:
- Completed ERAS Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae
- Medical School Transcript
- Personal Statement
- 2 or more letters of recommendation from any faculty member that can speak to your clinical work OR interpersonal communication OR character
- USMLE / COMLEX: Step 1 required for application, Step 2 CK required prior to rank list submission deadline. USMLE Step 2 CS has been postponed nationally, and will not be required for our application this year.
- All residency candidates must fulfill Baystate Resident Appointment Requirements.
International Medical Graduates
We require US clinical experience for international applicants.
Institutional Policy on VISA Status
Baystate Medical Center sponsors J1 Visas through ECFMG for applicants who are eligible for appointment to a residency or fellowship position.
The availability of the institution to support H1B Visas is very limited and not generally available; however, upon request from a Program Director and under exceptional circumstances, the Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs at Baystate Medical Center will review H1B applications on a case by case basis.
Consistent with recommendations from the AAMC and the ACGME, UMMS-Baystate GME programs will conduct interviews virtually for all applicants. The chosen platform is Thalamus.
We are developing the process as well as the schedule for the 2020-2021 interview season, and updates will be published when available.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Please feel free to call Janet Parrott at 413-794-3998 with any questions that you may have.