Applying to the Program
All applicants must apply online through ERAS (Electronic Residency Application Service).
Applicants must submit:
- ERAS application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Medical School Transcripts
- Personal Statement
- Letter of recommendation from your Program Director
- Two additional letters of recommendation (if you are not currently in a training program, one of the letters should be from your current position)
- USMLE /COMLEX scores
- ECFMG certificate
Prior to matriculation to fellowship training at Baystate Medical Center, all incoming fellows must have:
- Previously certified in Internal Medicine or Med Peds OR eligible to take the Internal Medicine, or Med Peds exam
- Passed the USMLE Step 3 or COMLEX—USA Level 3 examination
- All fellowship candidates must fulfill Baystate's Resident/Fellow Appointment Requirements.
INSTITUTIONAL POLICY ON VISA STATUS
Baystate Medical Center sponsors J1 Visas through ECFMG for applicants who are eligible for appointment to a residency or fellowship position.
The availability of the institution to support H1B Visas is very limited and not generally available; however, upon request from the Program Director and under exceptional circumstances, the Chief Academic Officer and DIO of Academic Affairs will review H1B applications on a case-by-case basis.
Once completed applications are reviewed, qualified applicants will be invited to interview. We will start interviewing in September for next July's start date.
Contact for Questions
Michelle Bradby, Program Coordinator