Applying to the Program
All applicants must apply online through ERAS (Electronic Residency Application Service).
Applicants must submit:
- ERAS application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Medical School Transcripts
- Personal Statement
- Letter of recommendation from your Program Director
- Two additional letters of recommendation (if you are not currently in a training program, one of the letters should be from your current position)
- USMLE /COMLEX scores
- ECFMG certificate
Prior to matriculation to fellowship training at Baystate Medical Center, all incoming fellows must have:
- Previously certified in Internal Medicine or Med Peds OR eligible to take the Internal Medicine, or Med Peds exam
- Passed the USMLE Step 3 or COMLEX—USA Level 3 examination
- All fellowship candidates must fulfill Baystate's Resident/Fellow Appointment Requirements.
INSTITUTIONAL POLICY ON VISA STATUS
Baystate Medical Center sponsors J1 Visas through ECFMG for applicants who are eligible for appointment to a residency or fellowship position.
The availability of the institution to support H1B Visas is very limited and not generally available; however, upon request from the Program Director and under exceptional circumstances, the Chief Academic Officer and DIO of Academic Affairs will review H1B applications on a case-by-case basis.
Once completed applications are reviewed, qualified applicants will be invited to interview. We will start interviewing in September for next July's start date.
Contact for Questions