Critical Care Medicine Fellowship at UMMS-Baystate
We offer an ACGME accredited two-year Critical Care Fellowship Program at Baystate Medical Center, regional campus of the University of Massachusetts Medical School.
Critical Care Fellowship Overview
We currently offer:
- 2 positions per year
- exceptional clinical training by expert Board Certified Critical Care Specialists whose primary disciplines are Internal Medicine, Pulmonary, Anesthesia or Surgery.
- A state-of-the-art adult medical, surgical, and trauma 24-bed ICU with an annual volume of approximately 1,900 patients (45% surgical and 55% medical).
- A Simulation Center providing individual and multidisciplinary team training.
- Nationally recognized for clinical research and ongoing participation in the NIH sponsored ARDS clinical research network.
- Baystate Medical Center's Intensive Care Unit was awarded the Beacon Award for excellence in critical care by the AACN 9 times since 2004, which is the first year the award was initiated.
- Baystate Medical Center's high quality nursing care earned the designation Magnet Hospital for Nursing Excellence in 2005, one of 170 in the nation and only five in Massachusetts, and was re-recognized in 2010.
Read about our other awards and national recognition.
Baystate Medical Center serves a population of approximately one million in a region extending beyond Western Massachusetts to include Southern Vermont and New Hampshire, Eastern New York and Northern Connecticut.