- I have a fever, cough, shortness of breath or concern for exposure of COVID-19.
- I feel sick and cannot leave home.
- My busy schedule is permitting me from making an in-office appointment.
- My provider is not available for an in-office appointment but I would like to seek urgent care from an alternate Baystate Health provider who has availability.
Virtual care visits will be used for patients who do not need a hands-on physical examination. When you schedule your appointment, we will help decide what type of appointment is best for your care.
Conditions that we can see you virtually for include:
- Cold, cough, sore throat, and flu
- Fever, body aches, and chills (for adult patients 65 years and younger)
- Sinus infection (sinusitis)
- Pink eye or itchy eyes
- Painful urination
- Skin rash/ mole check
- Minor joint paints and sprains
- Insect or tick bites
- Shoulder and back strains
- Seasonal allergies
- STD/STI (sexually transmitted diseases and infections)
- Vaginal infections
BH Connect can also be used for ordering lab work for work or school, and ordering screening for cholesterol or diabetes.
In an emergency, always call 911.
If you need emergency care, call 911. If you need X-rays, you’ll need to be seen in person.
You should receive a text message or email within the window of 10 minutes before or up to 15 minutes after your scheduled appointment time. If you have not yet received a text message or email 30 minutes after your appointment time, please contact your provider's office.
No, you no longer need to use the BH Connect app – it has been discontinued. We recommend that you delete the app from your mobile device.
When you make a virtual appointment, you will now receive a link through text message or email – no app required.
A co-pay may be applied depending on insurance coverage and appointment type.