Request a Virtual Appointment
Types of Virtual Care Visits
Providers can see you virtually (through video or over the phone) for a variety of conditions that do not require an in-person appointment.
For phone visits, your provider will call you during your appointment window. For video visits, you will receive a link through text message or email.
How to Make an Appointment
Call your provider’s office or request an appointment online to get started. You can also contact your Baystate Health provider through the MyBaystate patient portal.
Find a Provider
Current Baystate Health primary care patients can schedule doctor's appointments online with their primary care provider.
See the FAQ below for information about medical conditions our providers can address using virtual care.
Video visits are done through BH Connect, our virtual care platform.
What to Expect in Your Video Visit
We have updated BH Connect so you’ll have an easier, improved experience. You will no longer need to register or download an app – instead, you will simply need to click on a link to join the video call.
How it works:
You will receive a link directly from your provider (through text message or email) within the window of 15 minutes before or up to 15 minutes after your scheduled appointment time. Please only contact your provider’s office if you have not received your appointment link beyond 30 minutes of your scheduled appointment time.
Once you receive your link, please:
- Click on the link (sent via text or email)
- Type your name
- Click “Join” to start your appointment
- When your video visits starts, you'll see both yourself and your provider on screen as you do with tools like FaceTime or Skype. Your provider will see the same.
Please note: The BH Connect mobile app has been discontinued. We recommend deleting it from your mobile device.
MyBaystate Patient Portal
You can also message your provider through the MyBaystate patient portal.
Through MyBaystate, you can:
- Send secure messages and images to your providers
- Request appointments, including virtual care video visits
- Request prescription refills
- See lab and radiology results, medicines, health issues, allergies, vaccine records, and visit summaries
- Get answers to medical questions from our community outreach librarians
- Manage health information for family members /dependents
- Pay medical bills