There are many orthopedic conditions that can benefit from physical therapy, as well as neurological disorders that require neurological rehabilitation
. If you have an orthopedic condition that affects your muscles, bones, or joints, Baystate Rehabilitation Care’s physical therapists are close by.
We work with you to build up your strength, endurance, flexibility, and balance as part of your individual recovery process. Depending on your condition, we may also recommend occupational therapy as well.
We offer comprehensive physical therapy services for adults at locations throughout western Massachusetts. We also offer pediatric physical therapy in conjunction with Baystate Children’s Hospital at our center at 360 Birnie Avenue in Springfield.
Orthopedic Conditions We Treat with Physical Therapy
Many orthopedic conditions can benefit from physical therapy, including:
Our Physical Therapy Services
Our physical therapy team will assess your current level of function and work with you to design and manage your treatment program. We’ll tailor it to you and your specific orthopedic condition. This may include:
- Conditioning programs
- Education for you and your family members/caregivers
- Exercises to increase your strength, endurance, and range of motion
- Falls prevention and gait training
- Functional assessments and training
- Instruction on specific skills Joint and soft-tissue mobilization
- Joint protection instruction
- Manual therapy
- Pain management
- Therapeutic exercise
- LSVT BIG®, a program for people with Parkinson's disease