What is Pain Management?
Pain management is a type of healthcare that helps ease pain and improve the quality of life for those suffering from chronic and acute pain. Pain is treated by a team and through a plan customized for each patient's condition and individual needs.
The Baystate Pain Management Center, a service of Baystate Medical Center, is the only comprehensive, interdisciplinary center for the care and treatment of patients with persistent pain in western Massachusetts. We offer a full range of treatments including spine services, medical pain treatment and rehabilitation, physical therapy, and behavioral medicine.
We provide the latest methods of pain relief as well as comprehensive palliative care for patients with cancer or intractable (hard to control) pain.
Conditions We Treat
- Back and neck pain
- Compression fractures
- Spinal stenosis
- Pain from nerve injuries
- Herpes zoster (Shingles)
- Cancer pain
- "Spinal" headaches
- Headaches and facial pain, including migraines
- Surgical incision pain
- Pain following amputations and injuries
- Arthritis pain
- Pain from soft tissue injuries
- Neuropathic pain
- Complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS)
Treatments We Provide
- Cryoanalgesia/ Lovera®: freezing of nerve fibers
- Radiofrequency therapy: heating of nerve fibers
- Spinal Cord Stimulators (SCS)
- Peripheral Nerve Stimulators: Stimwave® and Sprint®
- DRG (Dorsal Root Ganglion) Stimulation
- Vertiflex® interspinous stabilization
- Ketamine infusions
- Qutenza® (High Concentration Capsaicin) Patch
- Behavioral medicine
- Physical therapy