As part of the Baystate Geriatrics Workforce Enhancement Program (GWEP), Baystate House Calls is an expert team specializing in the health of older adults.
If you're a Community Health Center patient, contact your health center to ask for a consultation with our House Calls team. We offer home visits for patients of the following health centers:
- Promote healthy aging by identifying common concerns in older adults
- Determine if you have the right equipment and/or resources to help keep you safe and healthy at home
- Address any concerns you may have about memory, poor sleep, falls, depression and/or caregiver stress
- Review your medicines to see if you could benefit from any changes
- Provide education on “4Ms” (What Matters, Mobility, Medication, Mind), while keeping your safety and unique concerns in mind
How Does the Program Work?
Our nurse and community health worker will start by making an appointment with you to gather information. During your appointment, we will tell you more about the program and answer questions you have.
Based on your needs, we’ll schedule your next visit with our nurse practitioner and/or other members of our team.
The first few appointments often take about an hour. Visits may be offered in the home, by video or telephone.
Will I Still See My Own Doctor?
Of course! We don’t replace your doctor. Baystate House Calls communicates with your primary care physician about your care. Any urgent needs or after hours calls should still be made to your doctor’s office.
How Do I Prepare For a Visit?
- Have someone you trust with you. This person can help take notes and make sure you get the most out of your visit.
- Have all of your medications ready for review. Include anything you take over the counter, such as vitamins and/or herbal supplements.
- If you use a cane, walker, or hearing aids, please have them available for the visit.
Call 413-794-4828 with any questions related to Baystate House Calls or if you need to reschedule your visit.
Learn more about the Baystate Geriatrics Workforce Enhancement Program.