Obstetrics Gynecology Residency at UMMS-Baystate
The ACGME-accredited Obstetrics-Gynecology Residency at the University of Massachusetts Medical School-Baystate offers you a rigorous education in a genuinely caring environment. We accept six residents per year.
"A Community Where Teamwork is the Expectation"—Nicole, PG4
Starting from your intern year you will be an integral member of our healthcare team.
- Our multi-disciplinary team includes certified nurse midwives, nurse practitioners and physician educators in 10 residency programs and more than 20 fellowships.
- Right off the bat, our curriculum pairs you up with another intern for the Fundamentals rotation, where you sample the year to come by spending the first 3 weeks on Labor and Delivery, Gyn Surgery, and Night Float.
"A Top-Notch Educational Experience"—Laurie, PG3
Our goal is to help you meet your goals.
- You will see a diverse population of patients and the entire spectrum of care. As the leading tertiary care center and only level 3 NICU in the area, our capture radius expands into Connecticut, Vermont and New York.
- Because we have all sub-specialties within our department, you'll be involved in every aspect of OB/GYN care at one site. You'll also have access to mentors in every field if you are interested in a fellowship, as many of our graduates are.
"I Fell in Love with the Passion for Education"—Keith, PG3
Our faculty love to teach and have won numerous teaching awards.
- Our department has its own simulation room located above the Labor and Delivery unit—a satellite of our state-of-the-art ACS-accredited Simulation Center and Surgical Skills Laboratory.
- Our program is in a constant state of progress because we value your feedback and make improvements based on residents' experiences and needs. You truly have a strong voice here.
"I Love Living in Western MA!"—Sophia, PG3
And western Massachusetts is a pretty great place to live, too—not to mention a lower cost of living and easy access to major cities.
Hear more from our residents.