Applying to the Program
All applicants must apply online through ERAS (Electronic Residency Application Service).
Applicants must submit:
- ERAS application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Medical School Transcripts
- Personal Statement
- Letter of recommendation from your Program Director
- Two additional letters of recommendation (if you are not currently in a training program, one of the letters should be from your current position)
- USMLE /COMLEX scores
- ECFMG certificate
We encourage candidates with a broad interest in all aspects of gastroenterology and a good academic track record to apply. A documented aptitude for clinical research would be a major plus.
Prior to matriculation to fellowship training at Baystate Medical Center, all incoming fellows must have:
- Completion of a 3-year ACGME-accredited program in Internal Medicine, or completion of a 4-year Medicine-Pediatrics program
- Passed the USMLE Step 3 or COMLEX-USA Level 3 examination
All fellowship candidates must fulfill Baystate's Residency and Fellowship Requirements.
Institutional Policy on Visa Status
We do accept candidates on visa, but per Baystate policy on resident visas, those who require H-1B visa will be considered only if they are truly outstanding.
Applications are screened by program leadership, and eligible candidates are invited for an interview.
Contact for Questions