Baystate’s team of urologists and urological surgeons specialize in treating problems in the urinary tract and men’s genital organs.
We are experts in robot-assisted procedures to treat prostate cancer, urinary incontinence, and other conditions. In fact, Baystate urological surgeons were among the first in Western Massachusetts to perform minimally invasive surgery to care for urological problems.
TREATING UROLOGICAL CONDITIONS IN WESTERN MASSACHUSETTS
Urologists at Baystate provide comprehensive diagnosis and treatment options for a variety of conditions, including:
- Severe cases of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH)
- Urinary incontinence
- Kidney and ureteral stones
- Prostate cancer
MINIMALLY INVASIVE AND ROBOTIC PROCEDURES
If surgery is part of your treatment plan, rest assured that our urological surgeons are experienced in the latest, minimally invasive techniques. We’ll work closely with you and other specialists to ensure your safety and comfort.
The most common urological procedures we perform include:
- Partial or complete nephrectomy—During this procedure, a surgeon removes all or part of your kidney.
- Partial or complete prostatectomy—During this procedure, a surgeon removes all or part of your prostate.
- Pelvic lymph node dissection (PLND)—Often done as a part of cancer treatment, during this technique lymph nodes are removed from your pelvis.
- Incontinence surgery—Both men and women may benefit from surgery to prevent leaking urine.
- Pyeloplasty—Often done to correct uretero-pelvic junction (UPJ) obstruction, this surgery involves removing the obstruction and placing a stent to drain urine from your kidney.