Please call your provider’s office for questions about services and appointments as we work to ensure the safety of our patients, providers and community. If you have a fever, cough or shortness of breath, or concerns about COVID-19 exposure, call your primary care office. In a life-threatening emergency, please call 911.
Ask your doctor for a referral.
Baystate Health Sports Medicine programs provide a full range of services to help athletes return to form, return to full health, and then return to the game. Our team of professionals works with referring physicians to develop an individualized care plan for each patient.
Sports Medicine for All Ages & Activities
We treat athletes of all activity levels and ages – from kids in grade school to pros in the majors, weekend warriors, and anyone in between. Services range from injury prevention to non-surgical care and rehabilitation of sports-related illnesses and injuries, to orthopedic surgery when necessary.
Sports Medicine Services
Our team includes physiatrists, sports medicine specialists, physical therapists, and orthopedic surgeons. Together, they provide the following services:
- Biomechanical analysis and individualized strength and conditioning programs
- Concussion treatment, including consultations with neurologists and neuropsychologists when necessary
- Rehabilitation through customized physical therapy from licensed therapists
- Education about injury and recurrence prevention
- Evaluations by board certified sports medicine specialists and physiatrists
- Full medical evaluations
- Functional screening tests
- Training and nutritional consultations
We also educate parents/guardians, athletes, coaches, athletic directors, and trainers about:
- Injury prevention and management
- Proper body mechanics to reduce stress on the body
- Ways to reach peak performance