Safety is our priority
We're following safety guidelines and taking precautions in our facilities.
Reducing Risk of COVID-19 Exposure
The staff at Baystate Reproductive Medicine is concerned for your health and safety during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic we are currently experiencing. We are following the guidance below from the American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM) regarding fertility testing and treatment to reduce you and your family’s risk of exposure to this potentially severe illness.
Please feel free to contact our office if you have questions. We will continue to review these guidelines so we can resume providing you with compassionate, personalized infertility care as soon as possible.
ASRM's new guidance calls for suspension of most treatments
The American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM), the global leader in reproductive medicine, today issues new guidance for its members as they manage patients in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic. Developed by an expert Task Force, of physicians, embryologists, and mental health professionals, the new document recommends suspension of new, non-urgent treatments.
Specifically, the recommendations include:
- Suspension of initiation of new treatment cycles, including ovulation induction, intrauterine inseminations (IUIs), in vitro fertilization (IVF) including retrievals and frozen embryo transfers, and non-urgent gamete cryopreservation.
- Strongly consider cancellation of all embryo transfers, whether fresh or frozen.
- Continue to care for patients who are currently ‘in-cycle’ or who require urgent stimulation and cryopreservation.
- Suspend elective surgeries and non-urgent diagnostic procedures.
- Minimize in-person interactions and increase utilization of telehealth.
ADVANCED REPRODUCTIVE MEDICINE THAT’S ALSO CLOSE TO HOME
Baystate Reproductive Medicine is a SART member clinic with 30 years of success working with individuals and couples from throughout Massachusetts and Connecticut. We offer services to support every aspect of our patients’ journey—including comprehensive evaluations, IUI, IVF, genetic testing, egg freezing, donor egg procedures, as well as psychological and dietary help.
OUTSTANDING IVF SUCCESS RATES
- We are a SART member clinic. SART, the Society for Assisted Reproductive Technology, is a non-profit organization that sets the standards for infertility treatment. SART clinics are held to the highest standards of quality, reporting, and ethics—which means you can rest assured knowing you’re working with the very best.
- Our IVF program has excellent success rates. Founded in 1990, our In Vitro Fertilization Program has celebrated 3,000-plus births. Check out other statistics and success rates.
- We are fertility specialists. Our doctors are board certified in reproductive endocrinology and infertility. And our nurses are certified by the American Society for Reproductive Medicine. Additionally, our team is actively involved in the latest fertility research and stay informed of the latest developments in reproductive medicine.
- Baystate Health is your home for health care. By working with Baystate Reproductive Medicine, you will experience seamless coordination of care throughout your experience with us.
To talk with our team and make an appointment, call us at 413-794-7045.
Are you a new patient? Download our intake forms: