When you choose the Baystate Regional Cancer Program, you’re not just choosing a doctor. You’re choosing a care team dedicated to your individual needs, with the compassion to address your concerns and the expertise to put your mind at ease.
You will be matched with a care team whose experience is right for your condition. Our physician specialties include:
- Gynecologic oncology
- Hematology (adult and pediatric)
- Medical oncology (adult and pediatric)
- Radiation oncology
- Surgical oncology
In addition, we have hundreds of experts working with you and behind the scenes — each one playing an integral role in the care you receive. These include:
- Radiologists and radiology technologists
- Pathologists and laboratory technicians
- Nurses and nurse practitioners
- Nutritionists and dietitians
- Behavioral medicine specialists
- Complementary medicine providers
- Rehabilitation specialists
- Social workers
Working in tandem with your care team, these professionals help you meet physical, emotional, and spiritual challenges you may encounter during your cancer experience.
Teachers and Researchers
Because Baystate Medical Center is the regional campus of the UMass Chan Medical School – Baystate, our doctors also serve as faculty members. They not only care for patients, but also teach the next generation of doctors, and play an active role in ongoing research.
This means you will receive clear explanations of and access to the latest clinical trials. As experienced teachers, our physicians take pride in:
- Sharing information clearly and concisely
- Being at the forefront of the latest research
- Talking with you and your family personally about how to interpret findings, tests, and research
- Providing you with the most up-to-date information