Please call your provider’s office for questions about services and appointments as we work to ensure the safety of our patients, providers and community. If you have a fever, cough or shortness of breath, or concerns about COVID-19 exposure, call your primary care office. In a life-threatening emergency, please call 911.
Blood Donor Program
COVID-19 Update (3/30/2020)
Until further notice during the COVID-19 pandemic, Baystate Health is relocating all blood and platelet donations to 361 Whitney Ave. in Holyoke on the 2nd floor. Donors should follow signs to the Education Center.
Blood donations will take place daily, Monday through Sunday, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Walk-ins are welcome but appointments are suggested. Platelet donations will also occur at Whitney Avenue but are by appointment only.
Additional protocols are being implemented during the coronavirus pandemic for the safety and health of donors, including:
- Prescreening donors
- Extra precautionary cleaning
- Spacing out donors to comply with social distancing and group gathering restrictions.
Per the FDA, Donors should refrain from blood donation for 28 days if they have:
- Cared for or lived with individuals diagnosed with or suspected of having COVID-19
- Been in close contact with individuals diagnosed with or suspected of having COVID-19
- Been diagnosed with or suspected of having COVID-19
- Recently returned from international travel
All eligible donors will receive a ticket to Six Flags (for future use, valid through 1/3/21) and a gift card to Big Y or Dunkin’.
Please contact the Baystate Health Blood Donor Center at 413-794-4600 to:
- Make an appointment to donate blood
- Make an appointment to donate platelets
- Notify us if you are diagnosed with COVID-19 after your donation
- Ask any questions
- Share your concerns
Did you know that a single blood donation can save up to two lives?
Each year at Baystate Health, more than 6,300 of our patients receive more than 19,000 transfusions of blood products. Please give blood today and help save lives.
How and Where to Give Blood
- Donate at Baystate's Bloodmobile, which travels throughout the community. See the schedule (pdf).
- Donate at Baystate’s Blood Donor Center located on the first floor of Baystate Medical Center's Daly Building. See hours below.
All eligible donors will receive a choice of the following*:
- Big Y gift card
- Dunkin' gift card
*Donor gifts are subject to change based on availability.
Blood Donor Center
Baystate Medical Center, Daly Building
759 Chestnut Street, 1st floor
Springfield, MA 01199
Monday: 8 am-12 pm
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 12 pm-8 pm
Friday: 8 am-4 pm
Sunday: 8 am-12 pm
Where your blood will be used
The Baystate Health Blood Donor Program supports Baystate Health, the region’s only level 1 trauma center. All of the collected blood and platelet donations stay local and supply much needed blood products to:
- Baystate Medical Center
- Baystate Franklin Medical Center
- Baystate Mary Lane Hospital
- Baystate Wing Hospital
- Baystate Noble Hospital
- Baystate Children’s Hospital
- D’Amour Center for Cancer Care
- Neonatal and pediatric ICU
For more information or to schedule an appointment, please call 413-794-4600. Walk-ins are welcome.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you're considering donating blood, you probably have questions.
Here are some of the most common: