Safety is our priority
We're following safety guidelines and taking precautions in our facilities.
Memory Disorders Program
The Memory Disorders Program at Baystate Medical Center is the only program of its kind in western Massachusetts that provides a place for elders experiencing memory problems or dementia to come for a complete evaluation. Early diagnosis increases the chances of successfully treating conditions that are reversible causes of dementia. There are practical advantages as well. The sooner the patient and family know the diagnosis, the more time there is to make future arrangements, handle financial and legal matters and establish a support network.
The Memory Disorders Program team consists of psychiatrists, neuropsychologists, neurologists, and clinical nurse specialists who:
- Provide complete diagnostic, treatment and referral services for elders with memory loss
- Coordinate the evaluation from start to finish
- Identify caregiver needs
- Make referrals to community services as needed
- Follow the family and loved one throughout the disease progression
- Direct appropriate candidates to clinical trials via the Alzheimer's Association
Referrals to the Memory Disorders Program may come from a variety of individuals, including the patient, patient's family, or a health care provider. Baystate Medical Center accepts most insurance plans, including Medicare and Medicaid.
The Memory Disorders Program is located in Baystate Medical Center's 3300 Main Street building in Springfield.
For more information, please call 413-794-5555.