As part of the Better Together Grants, Baystate Health hosted a series of online workshops for the community. The workshops show people how to write a grant proposal, understand the needs of their community, appreciate cultural needs, and more.
Designing a Program for Impact
In this workshop, viewers will learn more about the basics of program design from conception to implementation. The importance of considering policy, systems and environmental (PSE) changes when designing programs is also discussed.
Other topics include:
- Crystallize your program idea
- Understand steps to develop detailed program plan
- Incorporate PSE change into planning
Tips for Writing an Effective Grant Proposal
This workshops is designed to help people:
- Understand instructions and terminology
- Understand how to write with clarity and tailor writing to funder/reviewers
- Understand the importance of, and how to, visually communicate a program and expected outcomes through a logic model
Helpful Websites for Evidence-Informed Programs
Designed for beginners, this workshop will help you document community need and plan evidence-informed programs. We will look at helpful websites to locate information on local demographic trends, health needs, and community organizations.
- Describe current demographic trends in your community
- Find information on health needs of your community
- Identify methods of discovering potential community partners
This 1-hour introductory workshop provides a foundation for participants to gain a basic understanding and history of Cultural Humility and its four tenets.
Specifically, participants will learn the following:
- Historical context for Cultural Humility
- A working definition of Cultural Humility along with the four basic tenets
- The utility of Cultural Humility in community health and engagement
- How personal beliefs and values influence our engagement with others (including colleagues, clients and community)
- Strategies for integration of cultural humility into organizational structures, policies, activities.