Here are some ways our donors’ generosity made a difference at Baystate Health.
- Instead of having to stick a baby’s heel for blood each time an infant’s CO2 level needed to be tested, two TCM CombiM monitors were funded to provide non-invasive monitoring in the Davis Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
At Baystate Franklin Medical Center, 500 Halo Sleep Sacks were funded. These sleep sacks promote safe sleep for infants and reduce the rate of infant suffocation.
- Baystate Noble Hospital joined Baystate Medical Center as the second oncology surgical site in western Massachusetts offering a more advanced surgical procedure, radioactive seed localization to diagnose breast cancer.
- A portion of the purchase of a 3D mammography machine at Baystate Mary Lane Outpatient Center was funded through donors’ generosity.
- Cardiac monitors were funded for the Baystate Wing Hospital Emergency Department, which provide the capability to care for patients in any of the 20 treatment bays.
- The Acute Care for Elders program received funding to outfit its community room with items to make patients comfortable, from bookshelves and lamps to multi-sensory tools that aid in recovery.
Learn more about how you can support efforts like these through a donation to Baystate Health Foundation.