A Service of Baystate Children's Hospital
At Baystate Behavioral Health - Child Partial Hospitalization Program, we provide compassionate, intensive crisis intervention and stabilization through talk therapy and activities aimed at improving emotional well-being.
Children and adolescents from ages 5 to 18 who have emotional, behavioral, or psychiatric difficulties may benefit from our Child Partial Hospitalization Program. We provide compassionate, intensive crisis intervention and stabilization through talk therapy and activities aimed at improving emotional well-being.
The program can either provide an alternative to full hospitalization for children and adolescents, or serve as a transition from inpatient care to less intensive outpatient care. The goal is to improve their level of functioning while maintaining important family and community connections.
EXPERT TEAM TO CARE FOR YOUR CHILD
Our team of experts works closely with families, schools, community clinicians, and involved agencies to help children and adolescents function with minimal disruptions to their life:
- Children typically participate in the program for a week or two.
- Children and adolescents attend the Partial Hospitalization Program five days a week
- Children continue to live at home while they participate in our program.
- Families are assigned a case manager who coordinates their child’s care and is their primary contact.
- The multidisciplinary care team includes child psychiatrists, psychologists, nurses, mental health counselors, and teachers.
YOUR CHILD’S TREATMENT
Our team members focus on helping your child learn skills to:
- Manage their emotions
- Improve their relationships
- Meet academic expectations
Treatment is tailored to your child’s needs and includes:
- Psychiatric consultation
- Group psychotherapy
- Family meetings
- Individual therapy
- Psychoeducational groups
- Creative arts group
- Academic/tutorial classrooms
To enter this program, you will need a referral from a mental health provider (therapist, psychiatrist, crisis team, or integrated behavioral health clinician).
To learn more about our Child Partial Hospitalization Program, call the Behavioral Health Central Intake line at 413-794-5555.
For your safety and ours during COVID-19, we use Cisco Webex Meetings for visits with our patients. We recommend you download and learn how to use Webex ahead of your visits if possible.
Here are some how-to guides to get you started:
Adult Partial Hospitalization Program Locations
Learn More About Partial Hospitalization