WebMD Tobacco Coaching
Beginning January 1, 2020 the QuitNet tobacco cessation program is transitioning to the WebMD Tobacco Coaching program. The program includes a series of coaching calls along with NRT, if interested. To get started, begin by completing the WebMD Health Questionnaire and once complete a coach will contact you. This questionnaire will ask you various questions about your lifestyle and interests and is completely confidential. No one other than you and your WebMD Health Coach have access to your responses. To take the Health Questionnaire, login or create an account on your WebMD Health Portal.
The WebMD Tobacco Cessation three-month program is dedicated to stopping tobacco use as a part of improving overall well-being (stress resilience, energy level, diet, exercise, sleep and more) with an emphasis on consistency and accountability. The program is coordinated with high-risk Lifestyle Coaching to establish positive patterns that become part of everyday life.
WebMD Tobacco Cessation Support
Intensive outbound calling and integration with online tools.
• Five outbound calls in 12-weeks.
•Unlimited inbound calling for 12 months.
•Follow up call at 6 months.
•24 x 7 access to online digital coaching program.
•Support from Lifestyle coach to prevent relapse after 12-week program.
•8 or 12-week supply of Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) shipped directly to employee’s home
•Health Coach screens for contraindications to NRT, explains side effects and assists in selecting appropriate type/dosage
WebMD Tobacco Cessation Coaching Phases
Phase 1: Getting Ready
- Set and achieve goals around other risk factors to increase accountability.
- Explore ambivalence and barriers to quitting
Phase 2: Ready to Quit & Active Quitting
- Set a quit date – this is the first step in this phase
- Choose quit method, including Nicotine Replacement Therapy, if appropriate to address tobacco cravings.
- Prepare the participant’s environment and find support.
- Receive support immediately after quit.
Phase 3: Staying Quit
- Stay quit/prevent relapse.
- Manage tobacco cravings.
- Prevent weight gain.
- Manage stress healthfully.
- Continue improving health.
Engagement & Outcomes (Book of Business)
- 41% participants engaged with 54% of participants completing the program and successfully quit.
- Positive shifts seen in 8 of 12 modifiable risk areas including Alcohol Use, Emotional Health, Prevention,Physical Activity, and Sleep
- Positive shifts seen in 9 of 11 screenings including Physical Exam, Cholesterol, Prostate Cancer, Blood Pressure, and Cervical Cancer
- Complete the WebMD Health Questionnaire in your WebMD Portal
- Based on your responses to the questionnaire, a WebMD Health coach may contact you within 30 days. If you are in a low-risk category for coaching, you will need to initiate the first call with a health coach.
- You and your coach will establish a coaching schedule. You can decide if you want to engage with a coach over the phone or through the secure messaging tool (available on mobile app and PC).
You can also call WebMD Health Coaches directly at 866-513-2502.
Monday-Thursday 9:00 a.m. - 11:30 p.m.
Friday 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Saturday 9:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Sunday 1:00 p.m. - 11:30 p.m.
Start to Stop.®
The Start to Stop® program is offered through MinuteClinic®, the walk-in clinic inside select CVS/pharmacy® stores. It is available to all Health New England plan members, including all covered family members, and provides counseling, education, and nicotine replacement therapy. Get started in Start to Stop.