You are using an older version of Internet Explorer that is not supported on this site. Please upgrade for the best experience.

Eldercare and Aging

We know that many of you care for adults in your life. Baystate offers several benefits to help you care for your loved ones across the spectrum of adult and elder care.

Call the WorkLife and EAP Support team at 1-800-888-6332 - 24/7/365 to get information and referrals, no matter where you are on the adult caregiving spectrum:

  • Full-time Care Options and Living Arrangements
  • Caregiver Issues and Concerns
  • Home Meal Delivery
  • Hospice Services
  • Respite Care
  • In-home Services
  • Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security
  • Senior Health and Safety
  • Transportation Services
  • Geriatric Care Management

Legal Assistance and Financial Resources

Access to Attorneys

There are many common eldercare issues that can arise in the area of elder law, including

  • estate planning
  • long term care insurance
  • navigating Medicare/Medicaid
  • and other legal and financial questions that arise

Through Life GuidanceResources & EAP you can speak with an attorney at no cost.  Call 855-327-4479.  All Baystate Health team members and their adult household members are eligible for a free 30-minute consultation.  If your question can not be answered and you require representation, you will receive a referral to a qualified attorney in your area for a complimentary consultation and 25% reduction in customary legal fees thereafter.

Legal Insurance

Legal insurance is available for purchase to all benefits-eligible team members and provides access to  network of more than 11,000 attorneys.   Enrollment and cancellation in the Hyatt Legal Plan is available during benefits open-enrollment or a change in employment status only.  To learn more, click on the flyer.

Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account

You can contribute up to $5,000 per year of pre-tax dollars to a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) to use for elder care expenses incurred while at work. The elder must be a tax-qualified dependent.   Go to eWorkplace/Benefits for more information.