Personal assistance to help make your house a home
A worklife specialist can provide you with referrals and information for all of your home needs. Don't spend time researching these things on your own. Call the experts at Magellan Health - 800-888-6332 and let them do the leg work for you.
- Home Improvement (find contractors, painters, plumbers, electricians, etc).
- Community Resources (food insecurities, transportation, dry cleaners, shopping centers, support groups and activities)
- Neighborhood profiles (schools, crime statistics)
- Moving Services & Storage Facilities
- Travel searches
- Mortgage Brokers & Realtors
- and more!
Discounts on Home Products & Services
Browse thousands of local and national discounts through your employee discount center; Perkspot. Search discounts in categories such as Food, Home & Garden, Home Services, Travel, Real Estate & moving, and more! Visit baystate.perkspot.com and sign up to access these discounts today!
The PerkSpot Employee Discount Center is your one-stop-shop for exclusive discounts at many of your favorite national and local merchants! PerkSpot is available to all employees and your families, it's completely free, and optimized for use on any device: desktops, tablets, and phones.
Protect your home with insurance
House? Condo? Mobile home? Apartment? No matter which you call “home,” and whether you own or rent, you have access to special discounts to save on your insurance coverage. Your home is the center of your life and holds everything you cherish. But how protected is your home if a fire, storm or break-in occurs? Will your current insurance help you replace it all? That’s why it’s a good idea to review your coverage annually to make sure it meets your current needs. Learn more by logging into Workday> Benefits> BenefitsPlus
First Time Homebuyers - Home Buying Assistance
Through the Mark R. Tolosky Baystate Neighbors Program employees can receive up to $7,500 in forgivable loans for a first-time home purchase in Springfield, Greenfield and Ware. For information, visit The Hub/Human Resources/First Time Homebuyers
Receive one free 60-minute consultation per issue, per year on the phone or in-person with an attorney. Plus, discounts on legal fees if you choose to continue working with attorney beyond 60-minute consult. Call Worklife and EAP Support at 800-888-6332 to be connected.
- Real estate
- Taxes and audits
- Estate Planning
- And More!
Whether you’re considering adopting a pet or already have one, a worklife specialist can help make life with a furry family member more fun and rewarding. From what breed to choose to what food to feed it, and where to find a pet sitter/care, they'll give you the inside scoop. Call Worklife and EAP Support at 800-888-6332 for 24/7 confidential support:
- Research and refer local veterinarians, pet sitters and dog walkers, and more.
- Provide resources on everything from pet supplies to training and spaying or neutering.
- Locate resources and experts to help you decide what pet is best for your family or how to care for it.
- Find pet-friendly locations and activities—from pet-friendly vacation accommodations to dog parks.
With Pet insurance, you’ll have peace of mind knowing you can care for your pet no matter the cost by getting help with some of your pet’s medical bills, including treatments, surgeries, lab fees, X-rays, prescriptions and more. Plus you can take advantage of:
- Choice among two great plans depending on your needs and budget: Plan 1: My Pet Protection with Wellness; Plan 2: My Pet Protection;
- 90% reimbursement for each vet bill;
- Access to a 24-hour Vet Helpline (a $150 value) for all policyholders;
- Freedom to use your own vet for services (no networks);
- Multiple pet discounts;
- Insurance protection by one of the nation’s leading pet insurance providers: Nationwide.
For more information, got to Workday > Benefits> BenefitsPlus
PETplus Pet Prescription Savings Plan
PETplus is a wholesale pricing membership club that provides you with savings on your pets’ prescriptions and preventatives. You pay just $4.50/month for one cat or dog or $8.50/month for all cats and dogs in your home. There is no need to submit pet information or get a quote. All cats and dogs, regardless of breed, health, ages, and preexisting conditions are eligible.
3 Simple Steps to Save on Pet meds
- Activate your PETplus online account – Select “Sign up Now!” to begin
- Shop for prescriptions and brand-name health products at wholesale prices
- Shipping is always free and Rx pickup is available at over 50,000 pharmacies nationwide including CVS, Walmart, Walgreens, Target, and Rite-Aid.
What’s included in PETplus?
- Prescription Medications
- Heartworm Preventatives
- Flea & Tick Products
- Vitamins & Supplements
- Specialty/Rx Food
- 20% off all other pet food and supplies from PetCareRx.com
- Free Shipping
- Pickup at over 50,000 pharmacies
Plus a 24/7 Ask-a-Vet service so you can call, email, chat, or text with a licensed veterinary professional at any time.
For more information, got to Workday > Benefits> BenefitsPlus
Get Help Planning your Big Day
Worklife specialists can help you plan for your big day and take some of the time-consuming research off your hands. Call Worklife and EAP Support at 800-888-6332 for 24/7 confidential support:
- Budgeting for your big day
- Wedding Planner referrals
- Search and referrals for venues, florists, caterers, DJs, Photographers, etc
- Support locating transportation and accommodations
- Honeymoon planning
- Marriage license and name change process
- And more!
Adding your Spouse to your Insurance
Many major life events, such as marriage are “Qualifying Life Events” (QLE), as defined by the IRS, whereby you can make changes to your benefits during the plan year. You have 30 days from your official marriage date to add your spouse and/or making other changes to your benefits elections, if you choose to do so. To initiate a change in status, log in to Workday> Benefits.
Time Off from Work
Taking time off from work has numerous benefits for the body, mind and soul. Taking a vacation away from home or even a staycation can lower your stress, help you reconnect with your family and friends, and recharge your batteries so you can go back to work with a fresh new perspective and zest. As a Baystate Health employee, you have rich paid time off benefits. The key to using those benefits is to plan ahead, as much as possible, to make certain that your time away is well spent and prepared for. You can use your earned time in a variety of ways; schedule time off from work, cash-in a portion of your time, and/or donate your PTO to a bank for other collogues to use during an emergency. For more on your Personal Time Off benefits, go to The Hub>Human Resources>Paid Time Off.
One of the most exciting ways to spend your leisure time is on vacation! Even the excitement around planning a vacation can lead to some of the same positive effects as you feel while on vacation. The next time you are planning to get away, make sure to include a worklife specialist in on your search, to making the process even more enjoyable. A specialist from Worklife and EAP Support can source and refer you to a variety of travel-related resources. Specialists are available 24/7 at 800-888-6332.
- Safety tips for travel
- Search airfares and destinations (hotels, vacation rentals, etc)
- Locate area activities and events taking place during your stay
Visit your employee discount center; Perkspot at baystate.perkspot.com and go to the "Travel Discount Center" for tons of travel deals including hotel discounts, car rental discounts, discounted theme park tickets (including Disney World, Orlando Studios, Legoland, Sea World, and much more!).
Education & Academic Support
A specialist from Worklife and EAP Support can help you, your children and your household members on the education journey. Call 800-888-6332 for 24/7 confidential support for things like: college searches, graduate programs, continuing education programs, financial aid & assistance, tutoring, and more.
Educational Financial Assistance
All full and part-time employees are eligible for educational assistance and can receive reimbursement for expenses incurred as part of an approved course of study at an accredited college, university, or technical school, up to $2,500 per year. For more information, review the Educational Assistance Policy BH-HR-705.
529 College Savings Plan
A 529 plan is an education savings plan designed to help you set aside funds for future college costs. It is named after Section 529 of the Internal Revenue Code which created these types of savings plans in 1996. 529 plans offer unsurpassed income tax breaks. In addition, this plan provides you professional money management services and low fees. To learn more and to enroll, login to Workday >Benefits> BenefitsPlus
Stop Wasting Time on Searching for Information
We all find ourselves searching the internet for information on services or products and sometimes these searches can become quite time consuming. The good news is that a worklife specialist can do the search for you! Just call and make your request and within 3 business days or less the research will be sent directly to you. You will receive a comprehensive packet that contains business names, contact information and links to where you can easily access the information you are seeking.
A few examples that worklife specialists have done from team members:
- Finding a local electrician to meet a budget
- Dog walker that can come three times a week
- Vacation destinations that are all inclusive
- Rentable goats that remove poison ivy by eating it
- Locating a mop head replacement for an older style floor mop
- Halloween mazes and orchards for apple picking
- Bakeries that make sugar free cupcakes
- Locating yoga classes in the community
- Community resources for financial hardship - see additional information on the Financial Well-being page.
Call your WorkLife & EAP Support program at 1-800-888-6332 and ask for a Daily Needs worklife specialist.