Baystate Medical Center
Urban Tertiary Care
Baystate Medical Center, our independent academic medical center in Springfield, provides a full range of primary and specialty services. It is the only Level 1 Trauma Center with pediatric designation in western Massachusetts.
It is comparable in size to the UMass Memorial Medical Center-University Campus in Worcester. It is located less than a mile from the instructional space at 3601 Main Street.
- D'Amour Center for Cancer Care including the Sadowsky Center for Children
- Davis Family Heart and Vascular Center
- Comprehensive women's health services, such as midwifery, high risk pregnancy, and fertility treatment
- Minimally invasive surgery including the da Vinci robotic system
- Kidney transplantation program
- Regional reference laboratory
- Baystate Children's Hospital, a 110-bed and 57-bassinette hospital within a hospital—the region's only neonatal and pediatric ICU
- Busiest emergency room in Massachusetts—200,000+ visits per year
- More than 38,000 admissions annually
- Medical staff includes more than 1,100 physicians
- Accredited by the Joint Commission
- Magnet Hospital for Nursing Excellence
- U.S. News & World Report High Performing Hospital (and the third-best hospital in Massachusetts)
- America's 50 Best Hospitals by Healthgrades
- Top 50 Cardiovascular Hospital by Truven® Healthcare Analytics
- Gold Level award for Critical Care Excellence from Beacon.
Finding Your Way
On the Baystate Medical Center Campus
For a layout of Baystate Medical Center Campus grounds, including main buildings and street names, download the Baystate Medical Center map (pdf).
Around the Hospital
To find your way within the hospital, download our WaytoGo App (for both IOS and Andriod devices) from the BH App Store.
759 Chestnut Street
Springfield, MA 01199
(Map and directions on Google Maps)
PURCH students will have free parking in Center “C” Lot and will take the free employee shuttle to and from the hospital. The shuttle and security escort services are available 24/7.
> More about Baystate Medical Center
Rural Community-based Care
Baystate Franklin Medical Center, our full-service community hospital in Greenfield provides inpatient and outpatient services to residents of rural Franklin County and surrounding areas.
- Wound care and hyperbaric medicine
- Heart and vascular care
- Cancer care
- Family-centered obstetrical care
- Sports medicine
- Inpatient behavioral medicine
- 24-hour emergency services
- More than 4,000 admissions annually
- 29,000+ ED visits
- New 55,000 sq. ft. surgical facility opened in 2016y
- "A" rating for Safety from the Leapfrog Group (a distinction earned by only 31% of hospitals in the U.S.)
> More about Baystate Franklin Medical Center
Urban Primary and Specialty Care
Baystate’s three community health centers in urban Springfield are integral members of their neighborhoods, working to address community health needs.
All are Patient-Centered Medical Homes—a way of caring for patients that focuses on their needs, culture and preferences, and emphasizes comprehensive, coordinated care among all providers.
Brightwood Health Center - Centro de Salud
Brightwood Health Center is a full-service health center providing comprehensive primary care for babies, children, and adults of all ages.
It is also a teaching Site for the Internal Medicine Residency Community Medicine Track.
- Obstetrics/gynecological care
- Behavioral health services
- Opioid addiction treatment program (suboxone)
- HIV medical care and support services
- Migrant Seasonal Farm Workers Access to Care Program
- Home visits for home-bound patients
- Laboratory services
- Social services
- Interpreters for Spanish, Russian and Vietnamese patients on site
High Street Health Center
High Street Health Center provides comprehensive primary care for adults and children, as well as treatment of chronic conditions such as diabetes, asthma, hypertension and cardiovascular disease.
It's a teaching site for Internal Medicine and Pediatrics Residencies.
- Transgender services (multidisciplinary primary medical care and supportive services to patients seeking hormonal and/or surgical reassignment of gender)
- Geriatric care
- Integrated behavioral health services
Mason Square Neighborhood Health Center
Mason Square Neighborhood Health Center is a full-service health center providing comprehensive primary care for babies, children, and adults of all ages.
It's also a teaching site for the Med-Peds residency.
- Midwifery services
- Behavioral health services
- TB Clinic
- Laboratory services
Multi-specialty Practice Network
Baystate Medical Practices comprise more than 850 physicians and advanced practitioners.
They provide primary and specialty care at more than 50 locations throughout western Massachusetts—from inner city neighborhoods to rural hill towns.
All Baystate Medical Practices primary care sites are Patient-Centered Medical Homes.
Physicians in our medical practices have faculty appointments at UMass Chan Medical School-Baystate, and serve as educators and mentors in our education programs for medical students, residents, fellows, advanced practitioners, nurses, pharmacists and other allied health students.