Founded in 2001, the Baystate Simulation Center and Goldberg Surgical Skills Laboratory was one of the first simulation centers in the world to be accredited by the American College of Surgeons
We are a Level I Comprehensive Education Institute. This is the highest level accreditation that is only awarded to institutions that meet strict criteria and offer state-of-the-art surgical education.
As a Comprehensive Education Institute, we meet rigorous standards:
- Serve a wide range of learners with a broad scope of education and training programs
- Meet specific space, technology, and resource requirements
- Develop original curricula
- Offer faculty development programs
- Assess our education and training programs’ impact on patient outcomes and safety
- Engage in research or other scholarly activities that advance the field of surgical education and training.