For Your Safety and Ours
We ask all visitors to wear masks. Have COVID-19 or symptoms? Please call first.
See Our Safety Policies
Trauma Service Curriculum
The Trauma Service consists of PGY4, PGY3 and PGY1 residents. The chief of the service is the PG4.
The objectives for the service are:
- Basic and advanced resuscitation techniques using ATLS protocol methods
- Wound care management in the trauma room and acute care settings
- Basic surgical skills involving incision, wound closures, handling of tissues and selection/use of operating instruments.
- Advanced surgical skills involving emergent laparotomy, thoracotomy, and surgical airway techniques
- Anatomy, physiology, and pathology of all systems affected by traumatic injury, including the functional evaluation of:
- central nervous system
- cardiovascular system
- pulmonary system
- gastrointestinal system
- extremity function
- nutritional status
- Principles of the critical care management of the trauma patient
- Acute management of extremity injury, including need for casts, splints, and traction
- Rehabilitative issues in the early care of the traumatically injured as well as indications for, and the provision of, nutritional support for patients traumatically injured