The Greenfield Family Medicine Residency program at UMMS-Baystate strives to be an exemplary program training our residents to be the family physicians their communities need and deserve.
Follow us on Twitter @GreenfieldFMR and Instagram @greenfield_fmr
Be the First! Our inaugural residents will help us continue to design, innovate, and strengthen this exciting new program!
Meet Our Team
Robert Baldor, MD
Chair, Family Medicine Department
Chandra Hartman, MD
Nathan Macedo, MD, MPH
Associate Program Director
Peter Koppenheffer, MD
Medical Director, Greenfield Family Medicine Practice
By the Numbers
Program and Department Metrics
Baystate Franklin Medical Center Metrics
- Beds: 89
- Physicians: 200 (active and courtesy)
- Admissions: ~5,000
- Deliveries: 400+
- Emergency Department visits: 24,000
- Surgeries: 3,600
Benefits & Facilities
We have attempted to maintain salaries in the 75th percentile nationally, and here in western Massachusetts, we enjoy a lower cost of living than in major urban areas. (Full details of of our salaries and benefits.)
- Four weeks of vacation per year, meal subsidy, free parking
- Disability/malpractice/health/dental/life insurance
- New resident lounge
- Residency retreats
- Electronic Medical Record (Cerner Millennium)
- Dragon naturally-speaking speech recognition software integrated throughout inpatient services and outpatient clinic
- Professional education funds to subsidize the costs of regional and national poster presentations
- Membership: AAFP (American Academy of Family Physicians) Subscription: American Family Physician Journal
- UMass and Baystate Library and Information Services, procedure simulation lab
We recognize the toll that modern medicine and broken healthcare systems exact upon physicians, especially those in training. Physician burnout and moral injury are real, and we will strive continuously to ensure that our residents are supported holistically and prepared to maintain resiliency throughout residency and beyond.
Classic New England Vibes
From the heights of Mount Sugarloaf to the rapids of the Green River, the craft breweries and farm-to-table restaurants, the charming independent book stores and coffeehouses along the Connecticut River and in the hilltowns, there’s no place we’d rather call home!
Our residency is located in the heart of Franklin County in Greenfield Massachusetts. Close to everything, but next to nothing in comparison, there’s always something new and exciting to explore outside of clinic.