Interested individuals should submit their:
- Personal Statement
- Current CV
- 3 letters of recommendation (which should include a letter from the Surgery Residency Program Director).
- USMLE/COMLEX scores
- ABSITE scores
Baystate Medical Center accepts candidates only through the Match. Please submit your application via the Surgical critical care and Acute care surgery Fellowship Application Service (SAFAS) website.
Direct inquiries are welcome.
Surgical Critical Care Fellowship
Applicants must be:
- Expecting to graduate general surgery residency training at the end of this academic year.
- In good academic standing with their program
- Board-eligible in their specialty at the start of the Surgical Critical Care year.
Acute Care Surgery Fellowship
- Have completed an ACGME-approved general surgery residency program
- Be eligible for an unrestricted licensure in Massachusetts.
In addition, all fellowship candidates must fulfill Baystate's Resident/Fellow Appointment Requirements.
Interviews will be conducted virtually using one of the chosen platforms—Zoom, Webex or Thalamus.
Contact for Questions
Lorrie Casey, Program Coordinator
Baystate Medical Center
Department of Surgery, Division of Trauma and Emergency Surgical Services
759 Chestnut Street, Rm S3620 Trauma Service
Springfield, MA 01199