UMass Chan Medical School - Baystate's Pain Medicine Fellowship offers a 12-month ACGME-accredited training program at Baystate Medical Center. There are 3 fellowship positions available.
The fellowship provides you with a broad-based experience in the evaluation and treatment of both ambulatory and hospitalized patients who are experiencing acute, chronic, and cancer related pain.
Excellent Interventional and Medical Management Experience
You will have a unique and sophisticated training opportunity in an out-patient and tertiary-care setting where all aspects of pain management are delivered. The fellowship provides comprehensive training in acute, chronic, cancer pain management with a strong emphasis on interventional pain management.
Baystate's Pain Management Center is the most active in western Massachusetts.
- > 13,000 outpatients per year presents a high volume of cases with a wide spectrum of pain disorders
- > 5,000 interventional procedures annually, including ultrasound and fluoroscopic based procedures
Emphasis on a Multidisciplinary Approach to Pain
Our multidisciplinary approach to pain management allows you to work with, and learn from, anesthesiologists, oncologists, physiatrists, neurologists, neurosurgeons, psychiatrists, psychologists, acupuncturists, and others. Consultation services are also available from the departments of neurology, neurosurgery, oncology, physiatry, rheumatology, orthopedic surgery, etc.
- Our 8 faculty physicians are highly skilled board-certified pain specialists with anesthesiology backgrounds and extensive experience in providing successful treatment for a wide range of pain disorders.
- A physical medicine and rehabilitation physician, a behavioral health psychologist, and 2 medical management specialists are also on the team.
- As the largest academic center in the region, we have access to, and are in communication with, multiple specialists to provide our patients the best care.
- We encourage academic discussion by holding multiple conferences, including multidisciplinary conference, spinal cord stimulator meetings, and M&M/Case Conference.