Infectious Disease Fellowship at UMMS-Baystate
Clinically-Oriented and Fellow-Centric Program
The Infectious Disease subspecialty fellowship at Baystate Medical Center has been continuously operative since 1985. This 2-year fellowship is available to those who have completed a three-year ACGME-accredited program in internal medicine or combined medicine-pediatrics.
Since You Can't Visit Us in Person
This brief (2 minute) video features a few of our program's highlights.
Firsthand Experience in All Aspects of Clinical Infectious Diseases
You will receive comprehensive training in all aspects of infectious disease specialty practice.
We are proud of our program's features and accomplishments:
- Fellow-focused curriculum based on career goals
- Consistently positive feedback from graduates with 100% ID board first-take pass rate in the last 15 years
- Protected learning environment with dedicated academic ID consult service and faculty
- Diverse clinical experience (inpatient and outpatient) including pediatric ID, dedicated clinics for HIV, viral hepatitis, wound care, travel medicine and TB
- Availability of advanced microbiology laboratory and excellent training in antimicrobial stewardship with dedicated ID pharmacy, infection control, quality improvement and clinical research
You Are Here to Learn—Not Churn Out Consults
We want to provide the best training possible for our fellows.
Our faculty: fellow ratio is 5.5:1. You'll have ready access to all ID faculty—and the opportunity to develop rewarding personal relationships.
Education is a high priority here. And we are proud of the uniformly excellent teaching evaluations we receive from our fellows.
Questions? Please Ask Us!
We invite you to consider our fellow-friendly program when choosing a program that best suits your career goals.
We are happy to talk with you and answer any questions you may have!
Email us or Phone us
Baystate Medical Center
We are an independent academic medical center offering 10 residencies and 20+ fellowships.
Highlights from our Annual Report
- Accredited by the Joint Commission
- Magnet Hospital for Nursing Excellence
- Top Massachusetts employer according to Forbes